Half cit morning and half at night? Will this work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I had a terrible night yesterday and I'm afraid to take the tablet tonight. I'm only on day 16, 10mg after starting the first 8 days on 5mg.  I couldn't sleep, and was almost manic last night. Panicking beyond belief.  I had to take 2mg Diazepam to try to calm me, which made me finally sleep...yay! I felt so sick in the morning.   Will taking half at night, and half in the morning work?  Any thoughts greatly appreciated x  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna, I'm on 10mg and have been for 3 months. I take mine in the morning with some cereal and the first 2 weeks I had days I felt absolutely wired with anxiety and had a few panic attacks also. It does get better though and I found by taking it in the morning I had the day to try and distract from the anxiety where as the night I had less distractions. I couldn't handle panic attacks in my sleep so I didn't want to risk them by taking the cit at night but others say it helps them sleep so we are all different in that respect. I hope this helps in some way, you aren't alone in what you're going through and you'll get some very good support on this forum. I find mindfulness also helps. Stephen

• Posted

Thank you Stephen, this does help. I'm off work at the moment as I'm a teacher and its holiday time so I have less distractions. I need to sort a routine out I think, but I'm finding that hard. I'm glad your feeling better, it gives me hope to keep going.  Last night I slept, although it took a while. I'll look into mindfulness techniques, I've been told this before but never explored it. Thank you so much for your support, it really helps to know I'm not totally crazy, and alone on this journey. 

• Posted

This medication does not seem to be for people who get manic on it...I did..and I had to stop it...contact your Dr.  No SSRIs
    • Posted

Thank you Missy. My doctor said to give it a month, and last night I was a bit better. I've never felt so crazy, like a caged animal. I didn't start taking it for manic episodes, more anxiety attacks.  It's hard to know if I should keep going or stop. Thank you for responding. 

• Posted

Donna , I'm going through the same thing , can I ask what you mean by manic ? I feel like I'm going out of my mind. I woke up panicking this morning. My anxiety is a lot worse.

I keep getting such bad hot flushes and fast heartbeat when I'm not feeling anxious about anything . It just starts. When do you take it and how is it going ?

• Posted

Hi Kathkat

I guess it's not the manic as in bipolar, like exciteable or energetic, I felt crazy anxiety like I couldn't see how I was going to get through the night.  Like a caged animal.  I didn't know if I wanted to run, scream, I was pacing about, heart racing, panicking about all sorts. I thought my boyfriend was cheating out of the blue, as he never said good night (we have a long distance relationships...he fell asleep). I wanted to drive over to see him, but it's hours, I have a child and it was crazy...I just felt panicked beyond belief.  It was what I am now calling the drug demons.  Even writing it down now  makes me seem crazy.  I am a mature, professional adult who works in education. It was so out of character.  Yes I'm in cit as I was getting depressed, and feeling anxious but not anywhere near this!! 

I take 10mg at night, hoping it would make me sleep, or I would sleep through side effects. The plan didn't work, however I'm on day 19 and I am feeing better, more like myself again.  I am having hot sweats, one as I type actually, and my heart is pounding, but I feel more settled, and more "human."  

I went to my first yoga class today, a converted sceptic! 

Stick with it, and use this forum to help.  Just writing can be good and everyone here understands.   Deep breaths and know it's just your brain adjusting, and it will settle soon xx

• Posted

Oh no Donna that's how I've been feeling , especially today , constant anxiety and I'm only on 5mg (I've seen my gp who said even 5mg can make anxiety worse)

• Posted

Just know it's the medicine and it will go.  Try and go for a walk, or watch a comedy, something to take your mind off it, which is hard!  Or try to self talk, there is no real threat, it's your mind playing games, it's not real, you are safe just like when you feel calm, only the medicine has changed and try to slow your breathing x

• Posted

Thank you I'm finding it so hard I feel like just quitting the med , I've felt awful for 2 days straight now , woke up with panic today and yesterday , 48 hours straight anxiety with no improvement sad

• Posted

We are at about the same point then. Hopefully we are getting closer to normality or better!  I'm giving it 6 weeks, then if I'm no better I'll speak to the doctor. I have to stick it out. There was a reason I started.  I think I have a borderline personality disorder, first time ive really admitted that, as I feel ashamed but I have real abandonment issues, which is killing my relationship. In fact I drove my finance away at one point, yep that helped! So I need to find a leveller! Everyone has their story. No quick fixes, for a life changer x keep strong 

• Posted

Hi, I take 10mg in the morning with breakfast, I'm in my 5th week now and it has been tough feeling sick, feeling really tired, shaky, panic attacks and aniexty, it does get better. I'm am improving now but they aren't for everyone check with your GP. It can take upto to 10 weeks to feel better. Hope u feel better soon. Stay strong xx

• Posted

Thank you Gail. Sorry to hear you've had a tough time too. My GP wants me to give it at least a month, so I'll keep going. I know week 2 is early days. Someone suggested spacing the dose out before bed, and in the morning but not sure that will help, or even make it worse. Well done for getting to week 5! I did marathon training earlier in the year, I remember thinking I would never get through the programme, but I did. This seems harder!! I'll try to keep strong. Thank you so much for your support. 

• Posted

No problem good luck. It is hard going but you are doing really well, try to do what I call fun stuff even if it's only 10 mins a time eg listening to music, reading, walking is really good, watching a comedy the aim is diverting you attention from your symptoms. I do relaxation 10 mins a day too. Hope this helps. hugs x

Gail

• Posted

Thank your advice Gail and started Yoga today! The breathing techniques real helped, definitely going again! Also stating the day with a walk. It's helping x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.