Hallucinations from Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was kicked off of my health insurance and was forced to stop using Mirtazapine. I now suffer from hallucinations. How do I get rid of them.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you still have your script, you can pay for it out of pocket, though it might be prohibitively expensive.  The only way to stop withdrawal symptoms is with the drug you are withdrawing from.  I'm assuming you are in the US?  Will send you a link that might help.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. These hallucinations are very taxing and making a lot of things in life harder for me. However, I do know they will go away someday.
    • Posted

How long have you been off the mirt?  Is this the only withdrawal symptom you are having?  If so, count yourself VERY lucky, though with the hallucinations it may not seem like it!  If it is the only problem after a good amount of time off, you may be best to ride it out and do some self-care along the way.  Keep stress out of your life (it triggers worsening of symptoms) and perhaps do some mindfulness meditation, yoga, anything you feel helps you relax.  Chelated magnesium can help, as can omega 3 fish oil.  Otherwise, yes, time will heal you. 

Withdrawal recovery happens in windows and waves, just so you are prepared.  You may feel ok and think you are done with it all, and then a wave hits and you feel worse again.  This is normal, actually, and the waves will subside.  When and if you feel withdrawal symptoms, remind yourself it is withdrawal, not you, not permanent.  You will get through this!

• Posted

Thank you for saying that this is withdrawal and not who I really am. Where I live people judge you for every move you make. I really need to move away. Having said that I believe my symptoms might disappear before that. I like your straightforward approach to this Mirtazapine problem.
  • Posted

go back on the  mirtazapine and don't worry about the health insurance 9/10 they don't pay out.

• Posted

Ask your doctor if there is a substitute drug or generic that you can afford.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.