Halo treatment op in March

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had the halo procedure the day before we went into lockdown in March.

i knew my recovery would be long as i suffer from fibromayliga too. It took me 11 weeks

i was just wondering if anyone gets pain sometimes after a bowel movement in the lower buttocks, down both legs and feet?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

I know it has been 11 months since last time you have written here but maybe you will see this somehow.

I would like to ask you the outcome of your operation after all this time.

I had the RAR surgery 5 weeks ago and all I can say is that there is no difference than before the surgery. I have prolapsed hem, the same way as before the surgery, it doesn't hurt during BM but after the BM, I have this throbbing sensation that goes on whole day.

I have seen my doctor a week ago but he told me that it would take 3 months for it to be fully healed and it was okay to feel the throbbing sensation.

After the surgery I realized that the prolapsing hem went away but then it came again and now it gives still discomfort.

What was your experience and did you have prolapse as well?

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, I wonder if you could give me some info re HALO surgery? I read that it a painfree op?

Regards

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.