Hammer toe implants

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have nextra implant in my second and third toes. The second toe is fine but the 3rd toe is an on off problem and I often get discomfort and just a general feeling of it not being right. This seems to vary with the weather. Has anyone else had any problems with toe implants.? I also get a feeling of stiffness all the time with these toes and also with my big toe on which I had a bunionectomy 3 years ago. John

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi John!  I don't have experience w hammer toes, but I can identify w you on the bunionectomy.  Although I'm only @ about 9 months post op Austin/Chevron bunionectomy, I still have some stiffness in my toe.  My OS said it would be 12 months before I regain full funtion/movement.  However, I have been intermittently doing toe exercises to help my toes mobility.  There are a number of YouTube videos that I folow along with.  Since links are prohibited in this forum, I'd suggest maybe doing a search for the following YouTube videos:

Increasing Big Toe Mobility

by Brian Abelsom

• Posted

The above posted too soon before I could complete entries.  Here's the rest to check out on YouTube:

Follow Along Feet Exercises [by Lisa Maree]

Foot Strengthening Exercises [by Northwest Foot & Ankle]

Exercises For Big Toe Following Bunion Surgery [by Sheldon H Nadal] 

Hope that helps!!

• Posted

Mine will be 2 years in April and it’s still stiff and numb in the big toe, a friend of mine lent me his aultra sound for my torn ligaments in my elbow, whilst sitting there I thought I might give my foot a go 😃😃results not as stiff or numb and I can bend my other toe which has a small screw in it just thought I would share this it may help others to 

Shirley 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.