Hammertoe surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

2 and a half months ago j had hammertoe surgery, all 5 toes were broken. Pinned 4, bug toe had a screw, plat and fused.

Problem is, my long toe, (toe beside my big toe), has flopped 2 weeks after the screw was taken out. It is now 4 weeks later and the toe appears to not want to straighten at all. it hurts a lot when I put on the Darko boot. (The Darko boot I've been wearing since I was out of hospital).

Has anyone had this problem. I am very concerned with this and worry I'll have to have another surgery to re-straighten the toe.

Help anyone?

Karen

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.