Hamstring snapping after total knee replacement annoying Would appreciate any help overcoming this

Posted , 3 users are following.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds horrible Kathleen. How did it happen? Having a tkr is traumatic enough without added problems.

• Posted

Started postop as soon as i could walk I have no pain just feels like a rubber band snapping outer aspect of knee Physical Therapy told me its my hamstring tendon Dr aware Wish this was all over Tired of it all

• Posted

I feel for you. Recovery is hard enough without an added problem. I can't offer you any help or advice because I've never heard of it happening. As nobody else has replied I would assume its not a common problem. Hopefully it's just a temporary setback though.

• Posted

The first time I saw this website I found a forum where people were discussing this same situation. They had TKR and were having hamstring snapping issues. I read that it's a "rare" problem but there were quite a few responding to the problem. Now I cant find the same forum on this website. Ill have to keep trying. Physical Therapy doesnt seem too concerned. But it is annoying. When I flex ny knee the snap can be heard throughout the room! No pain just annoying. I dont want any problems down the line either. Thanks for your input and concern Kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.