Hand/Arm pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I recently took a fall and landed on my butt and my hands. It strained my back but is better now. 2 days after(3 days now), my arm would havw a pain when i expand my hand open(like giving a high five), and hurt when I close it tight and bring it down. I am not sure what this is. What is it and what should I do? btw I already went to the doctor for my back.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh, Also this was in my left arm/hand.
    • Posted

Was it hurting when you went to see your Dr?? Did you not show it him, best thing is to go back to see him or go A&E, no one on here could really tell you what you have done you need someone medically trained who can examine it to do that so I think best make an appointment and if your Dr thinks its nescassary he will send you for an xray or go straight to hospital and they will do one, take care and while waiting use ice and OTC meds for pain

• Posted

Thank you for the response. It started to hurt after the meeting with the doctor. And also a few other things I am noticing is that I have a feeling like something is in my throat but nothing is there. Also all of this was after I took Aleve and muscler reliever. I am probably gonna have to make an appointmentb sometime.
  • Posted

You may have sustained a small fracture in the bones of the wrist[s]. This is quite common when falling and landing on your hands. Did you not have an xray of your wrists? Go back to A/E.  You need to go ASAP as those tiny bones can cause a lot of problems in later life if not settled properly. If you leave it a long time they will begin to heal but maybe not correctly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.