Hand & feet redness and swelling- long term

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I'm hoping I've put this into the right category.

For several years my partner has had swollen/red hands and feet that get quite painful (more so hands than feet). I finally convinced him to visit a doctor a few months ago but that hasn't helped at all as no one has any answers as to the cause.

His parents do have various forms of arthritis. He has had several blood tests and heart examinations to try and find a cause but no luck. This has also ruled out Reynaud's Syndrome (he doesn't get the blue limbs before red) and Mayfan's Syndrome. At this point the GP is out of ideas so has referred him to a Rheumatology department at our local hospital, though as this is public health the wait time will be very, very long.

I do have a photo of his hands at the moment but am not sure if I can post links here? Here's the link just in case - https://ibb.co/kitk8z

I'm just hoping someone out there has any ideas as to what this may be so we can get some answers?

Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.