Hand Foot and Mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 17 month old daughter contracted hfam from god knows where. It took 3 doctors 2 days to tell us wot it was. Now me and my partner have it, we are much worse than the wee one. We can't sleep, eat or go to work (partner works with food). I thought adults got a mild form of this disease? Can anyone tell me how long this will last for? so far we have had it 3 days and my daughter 8 days :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i think it varies in each individual so ive been told and also apart from trying to ease the pain its something that just has to take its course.

My 6 year old has it now as we speak and ive just been up stairs trying to settle her which meant holding an ice cube on her tonuge this does ease the pain i must say.Ive also placed a fan near her bed to cool her as you can get a temperature with hfm its so funny cos she is lieing there with her tounge sticking out.This is her 5th day they say about a week then it should start to go but who knows,its driving her crazy.My daughter thou only has it in her mouth.

Hope your child gets well soon let me know sad

• Posted

hey, anyone there, i think my little boy has hfm. he wakes screaming and is in sooo much pain, did your children scream too??
  • Posted

my little boy is 11 months and has hfm he wakes in the nite screaming but seems not that bad during the day he has massive blisters on his hans and feet and inside his mouth hes coverd in spots up his legs and bum...its been 3 nights now hopfully tonite he mite sleep a bit better. sad
  • Posted

[quote:3fd5638fe5=\"jennie l\"]hey, anyone there, i think my little boy has hfm. he wakes screaming and is in sooo much pain, did your children scream too??[/quote:3fd5638fe5]

hi , yes my little girl cried when she had hfm,i would say its a painful thing to have .My 6 year old (the one who lay with her tongue sticking out)was hard work through the night and screamed for hours she was sooo tired and wanted to sleep but her mouth was very sore the ice cube thing worked obvisiously you have to sit and hold it and my arm was dropping off so i would suggest lots of ice pops.

it was over a month ago now she had hfm ,but we went camping the last week in August and uess what i got it ,and its really sore i coudnt eat and had lots of blisters on my tongue no wonder she couldnt sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.