Hand foot and mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have this HFMD rash all over my body. The worst is legs, back and pelvic region. But it’s also on my arms, abdomen, chest, neck, feet, hands and scalp. I never had a fever or mouth sores. My son had it on his hands, feet elbows and on me sore in his mouth with a fever.  I’m very healthy and rarely get sick. I am only assuming this is hfmd because my kids had it. Could it be something else? Anyone else had my symptoms?  

I’m going on two weeks of this rash. It looks like chicken pox.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anyone!?!?😩

• Posted

I had it. Call a dermatologist doctor..I was recovered two years ago with the same problem and now I have it again.when is too bad like you,you should see a doctor..the doctors that I'd see told me that is a child disease,but I never had any child around me that had it. I have this problem almost every year and I see doctors from 3 different countries with 3 different diagnosis. Now I'm in Denmark and for the first time in 11 years of these disease,told me that a have coxsackievirus,which is contagious and the first signs are fever, coughs, red spots on mouth,hands and feet after that the spots spread all over the body. There is no treatment for this,that is what I heard,but if you are in pain you can take ibuprofen.

I was in hospital in Romania and Italy and there i get a treatment with cortisone creme and pills. I had this thing several time in 11 years,but sometimes, appear and disappear in a few days with spots on hands mouth, feet and fever with coughs like a flu, sometimes it gets very bad and begins with spots on hand moth and feet and spread all over my body and then I go to hospital..I thought I was the only one ..this disease or virus,how they call it, have no treatment .I keep my self as clean as possible,clean my hands and mouth as much as possible and try to hidrate with liquids.avoid spicy,salt and acid food and fruits.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I have Been back and forth on seeing a doc. I mean, if there is no treatment what would a doctor do? I am just still hoping and praying I can’t get over this and it be gone forever! I don’t know why it’s sticking around so long. I am very healthy so i don’t understand how I can’t kick this! I was just recently sick with a very bad sore throat and I started taking antibiotics I had laying around (I normally don’t take any meds) it cleared it all up but I am guessing that’s why i caught this. The king the antibiotics killed my good bacteria that would have normally protected me? I don’t know.... 
    • Posted

Hi! I took antibiotics too,because I had a horrible flu and after 3 days of taken it,the red spots appear.i usually don't take pills because I had an allergy on pills and I didn't make that allergy test so I don't know which medicine it's make me feel bad.now I feel very week,my flu didn't pass because I stopped getting pills and the doctors from here , told me I can't take anything..only ibuprofen!! Now I have 2 weeks and the spots are getting dry and after the skin will get better,the spots that are cured will peel off.then you will know that all passed.i don't know from where I take it,i didn't met anyone who had this disease ..I don't have babies,because this is a disease taken from babies.. I don't know..I will do all the allergy test for food, detergents and medicine.this disease and the allergies has affected my liver and I have hepatitis B ..so i'm not that healthy .I advise you to take some test of liver ,because who take this virus from babies has a poor immunity.i don't want to scary you,but that is what I have..take care of yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.