Hand Ligament Recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I fractured my wrist 5/10/17 bone healed and had ligament surgery end of June.  Got pins out of wrist  on 8/21/17.  Hand/fingers completely frozen.  How long does it take to get use of hand and range of motion back.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lulu! Have you started OT Yet? As soon as your doctor gives the ok, you should go religiously. It is very important to maintain consistency in this department. I began on 6/1/17 and can finally make a 3/4 fist; supination and pronation are pretty good; flexion and extension are good. The thing is that you need to get the swelling down before you can expect any movement. Heat before therapy; ice following. I am expecting to still be in therapy at least until Christmas. Be patient and do your exercises. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Carol.  I can make a fist and working on strengthining muscles.  The palms up is challenging.  I do my PT exercises religiously five times a day.  It looks like this takes time, hard work and patience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.