Hand numbness, weak and sore legs,body jerks on zoloft

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I been on zoloft for 2 weeks now, 1st week 12.25mg 2nd week 25mg, before that I took prozac for 2 weeks and had horrible side effects,stoped the prozac didn't take anything for a week then stared zoloft, but now my hands get numb quite often and my legs still feel weak and sometimes sore, and my body jerks a lot specially if I'm laying down, so I'm wondering if it's a side effect from zoloft and it will go away after my body gets adjusted to zoloft or could it be something else, thanks for your help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like common side effects to me except for the body jerks. That’s a new one on me, maybe if that doesn’t go away soon or at least gets better soon maybe call your Dr for an appointment. 
  • Posted

It does sound like some of the side affects except for numbness and body jerks. Call ur doctor and let him know. Better safe then sorry.
  • Posted

I was exactly the same. I still sometimes get restless legs and I do body jerk but now just in a very deep sleep. All normal so don't worry about it. Stick to it and you will feel so much better. I'm back in mine after a short break. First 2 weeks of taking I'm bed ridden. Can't eat, vomit, feel like I'm having a heart attack, numb tongue, shakes, body jerks etc. All my anxiety symptoms are increased by about 100. By week 3 I start to feel a little better and am able to leave the house. By week 6 I am me again. Back to being able to do everything I used to with no fear. I will always say to new takers to stick those first few weeks out and it's worth it. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Shay, now I'm on 37.5 I feel better from the numbness, legs still weak and some days are sore, I feel off balance, I already gain 6lb😖 but hanging there, hopefully I will feel better soon.

• Posted

Oh and I still have the body jerks and different parts of my body move only when I'm in bed resting or trying to sleep, that freaks me out.

• Posted

Hi Dana. I had body jerks and twitches when I was taking citalopram, not so much on sertraline but it early days for me, only on day 5. I think it is because the medication is working on our nervous system but I am not medically trained so as others have said if you are concerned speak to your Dr or if you can, what I do is just flip my side effects and instead of fearing them just tell myself it is only the meds doing their magic and relax into them. Easier said then done I know but if you can it does seem to work
  • Posted

do you seem to have anxiety through the roof too i am 15 days at 50mgs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.