Hand/Pinky Injury or Dupyutren's Contracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in my late 20's and have a cord going up to my pinky finger that I can feel and a small bump in the palm but no finger curving and I can straighten my finger. I broke my pinky and tore some tendons in it about 10 years ago and it was unable to straighten it until I had physical therapy. My finger was bent for several years before I treated the injury. I know I am very young for dupyturen's so is it possible for a traumatic finger injury like that to cause some problems in the hand that resemble duyutren's in one finger?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.