Handing in my forms late

Posted , 4 users are following.

Basically I was in the LCWRA group and as that was ending I got a part time job. They sent me out a new form but I didn't realise I could still apply while I'm in part time work. I will probably get put in the LCW group because I haven't shown any violence for a while which was how I got the higher rate. Apparently I'm still in support group even though it's been almost a month since they sent out the form. I threw that form away and I'm waiting on new form. If I come off the support group before I fill in the new form will I be paid more than the basic UC payments? If I was to go into LCW. And is it normal that I'd still be in LCWRA group even though I've been on it since march last year? I spoke to a UC lady and she didn't know why I was still on it. I'm hoping it got extended but I doubt it as they sent me a form now. I'm still in work but my mental health hasn't been good. I took a day off today but don't know if I can face going back

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also can I not print out a form and do it that way?
    • Posted

Yes you can do it this way but you'll be pushing for time to have it sent back and received by the deadline. When is it supposed to be received by? If it's very soon then i'd put a reason for the late return on the form and hopefully they will accept the reason. Your mental health may do you a favour here BUT as you stated your health has improved then i'm not so sure.

They are very strict with the rules for returning UC50/ESA50 forms and there isn't usually any extension of time for this.

• Posted

Hi,

The reason you still have LCWRA is because it hasn't past the month yet for you to have returned the form. Once the month has past then it could get complicated. However, as you were given LCWRA through special circumstances then DWP could send your file to the health assessment providers regardless of the UC50 form not being returned. If this does happen then you'll most likely be sent an appointment for an assessment, sooner or later.

As you stated your mental health has improved then it's doubtful that you'll get LCWRA again. Your money will continue until you're re-assessed. You should also remember that all changes of circumstances should be reported.

Which form did they send you, or are you talking about the UC50 one?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.