Hands are burning so bad can hardly deal, and fingertips are all numb. Is this common with PN?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to a Rheumatologist this week after waiting a few weeks for an appointment. Waiting now on test results to see if possible RA. Swelling in feet, fingers, and hands began two months ago with fingers that would not bend. Rheumatologist seems to think there is some form of arthritis due to all my inflammation. He is puzzled over all of my fingertips on both hands being numb, and suggested a nerve conduction test. The pain is so bad at night with my hands I get maybe four hours of sleep a night. Days are constant pain. Other symptoms with my hands are not being able to stand any kind of pressure like holding a pen to write a check. My palms flare up at times and turn a deep dark red, and it looks like you can see all the blood vessels that run thru your hand. The doctor couldn't explain that either. Are these common symptoms of neuropathy in the hands? Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have similar pain in hands but blame it on the

many antibiotics I had to take-

also have PN in feet.  I take Neurontin for both.

Marie

• Posted

You should consider visiting a pain management center in your area, and a neurologist who understands CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome), also known as RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy). 

Here's a link to see if the symptoms you're having could be signs of this affliction. Good Luck and prayers!

https://rsds.org/telltale-signs-and-symptoms-of-crpsrsd/

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.