hanging in there!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, just thought id let you know how things are going. No loss for 3 weeks now just stuck at the 1stone 1 pound, which im still pleased with! It is encouraging that ive not put any on especially as i went to a medieval feast (with free booze) at the weekend! I came off the pills 3 days before and was still sensible which means ive realised that you can have treats but not all the time, and you know what when you do have a treat it feels like a treat! Have i changed? who knows? I shall get power walking again and see how it goes. Glad to see you ladies are hanging in there too

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear you havent put any on. Even maintaining a good loss is an achievement in my book!
  • Posted

Youre so right, ive never been able to maintain before, thats why i got to 15 stone! Trapped in the circle of diet, loose some, get fed up, put it back on, and a bit more, get depressed! Im really only using the tabs for my evening meal as i have been so strict in the day, so may not see a loss this week? Im due to see the doc that prescribed them to me so i wonder if ill get another pack? How are you doing Budda, is it working for you yet?
  • Posted

Hi Carlyn,

I have been on these for three months now and my weight loss is really slow. I have lost 19lbs in this time but in a cycle of two weeks i stay the same weight and on the third week i lose up to 4lbs.

Don't know why this is but at least the weight is coming off, albeit slower than most. My doc seems happy with my loss so hang in there. It may be you just have a strange weight loss pattern like i seem to have.

Good luck xx

• Posted

They are strange things arnt they and they work in different ways for different people? Im still in awe of the damn things, and they do seem to have a placebo effect on me, i really did just stop eating like a pig, all the bingeing just stopped? Im more active i eat fruit now (before i though jam in a scone went toward your 5 a day) :oops:.Im going to take it steady and carry on with it. 19 pounds is a great amount to lose and i bet you can see the change in your body already? Do you have much to loose?

Thanks for the support xx

• Posted

I can see the difference and people around me can tell which spurs you on. I have four stone to lose which seemed like a mountain at the start but i was taking it a stone at a time as it sounds more manageable ha ha

My biggest change has been drinking 2 litres of water a day as i hate water (unless it has coffee in of course) and when i started this, drinking the water was hellish but i'm kind of used to it now.

How much are you trying to lose?

Keep up the good work x

• Posted

I am also finding weight loss slower than I thought , the last two weeks I have only lost half a pound each week before that it was two 2lbs and a 4lb.

I have been really good and just expected more to come off, I know we are all different and also it is better than putting on but just wondered if you get better results the longer that you are on the tablets.

Also some days that I think I have went over the fat allowance I have not had any bad reactions, but I have had side effects when I first started them, just hope that if my body is now used to them they haven't stopped working. :?

• Posted

I have done well with the blue tabs (6.5 stone in 11 months) but about six weeks ago things really slowed down. I had not done any exercise previously as I considered myself too big and thought a heart attack would follow if I did. About three weeks ago I decided to buy an exercise bike (I do 20 mins a night) and I feel so much better now and I'm hoping the weight loss has kicked back in again - I get weighed next Wednesday and I'm hoping to break through the twenty stone mark.

Previously when things stalled I looked closely at what I was now eating that was not in my diet when I was lossng the weight. Quite easily things had sneaked into my diet that weren't there previously. I would stop eating said items and the loss would start again.

Keep focused and look closely at what you are eating new and I am sure that the loss will start again.

Good luck

Andy

• Posted

Good to hear from you again Andy1705 - hope you are now back on track and yes, we can get 'lazy' and things can sometimes sneak in....so onward and downward...keep pedaling.
  • Posted

ive been on these tablets 4 days and have lost 3lbs already!!! are these some kind or miracle tablets? WELL HAPPY
  • Posted

Hey you may be right about naughties creeping back in, ive had a fixation for options drinks and think maybe that may be the reason for staying the same? Also i had been trying to save pills thinking i wouldnt get another pack, so i dont think i did myself any favours. As for excersise i work and i have children so its difficult to get to a gym so what ive done is take on cleaning jobs, not everyones bag but im excersising and i get paid which is good. Time to step it up a gear me thinks! Im not that far off my personal target of 12 stone, i know ill still be on the heavy side but thats what i want to be.

Best of luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.