Hanging in there...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies, my post 'Am done' a Thankyou to those who responded/replied & gave support n advice, is nice to know there's lots of sharing & caring as we're all in the same boat. I've been keeping as positive as pos & trying to shift my train of thought when things go pear shaped or when I get those horrible strange body sensations...very scary! & always has me thinking...well, more like yelling WT...!? LoL do they ever go away? thought hitting the 12mth mark everything will settle Ha Ha! 😫 looks like I still might have a way to go........but, I'm hanging in there big sigh! 

Thanks again n take care xo  

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi bobbins keep hanging im there I get days myself when I think god is this eva gonna stop but I gettin a lot of good days mow x still get those weird body feelings n being "out of it' n numbness n paim in arms n chest but not as much as before before and if I do get a bad dayI think its nothing life threatening it will pass and it does x I make myself get up and do something to take my mind off it n it works for me x it is scary as hell but will get better keep stayin positive xx
  • Posted

Hello everyone! You all will get through this. I am 55 years old. Started perimenopause around 45 or so. Heavy bleeding at times..then no period..then I would have double periods...I have had practically every symptom of the 35. It's just crazy...Mood swings..anxiety...you name it..I am now 18 months without a period...hot flashes have decreased..I still have days that I feel like I am getting a period..moody..crampy..so weird..have had uterine biopsies in the past..transvaginal ultrasounds..I do not take any hormones..I eat right..exercise..try to stay positive..sometimes just cry in the shower...you will all get through this..we are strong women..you are all beautiful!! : ) Hugs to all!!!
  • Posted

Hi Bobbins059

just read your stories and we sound so alike. I will be 55 next month and going through horrible panic and anxiety as we speak. This has been going on since 2004 ish. Had the microwave endometrial ablation done in 2009 and been period free since then but hot flushes and anxiety kicked in after that. Not on any medication for any of it but finding it tough at the moment.

Nausea stops me from eating properly too. Quite sure it is hormone related but doctor doesn't think so. Having hormone levels check done soon to see

what is going on. Just thought you sounded very positive. I need to try that too :-). All the best. X

• Posted

Yes, I have had the nausea also. For anxiety, I did finally get a prescription for Sertraline. It does help. Before I went on it, I thought I was going crazy with racing thoughts..couldn't focus...You wonder why sometimes, we can be irritable..When I got my period I would feel this way but it was like a light switch as soon as the period started and my mood would change for the better by 100% Now, no periods, that moody feeling just lingers. I find a glass of red wine at night helps also..LOL! cheesygrin

One more note, I also have a very low pain tolerance. I feel every ache and pain 2-fold. Never had achy joints..now I have knee...shoulder...back..etc..crazy!!! I read some where that the diminished estrogen causes increased joint pain due to inflammation. WTH!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.