Hanging out washing( Reaching and arms above head)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 7 1/2 weeks after my rectocoel op. Not my first one( had one 23 years ago) but I’m trying to do the right thing this time. I’ve been hanging out my washing on low clothes airers and not reaching up but I’ve had a lot of washing today and needed to have more room so had to reach up higher on the clothesline. It should be okay to do that now shouldn’t it? I’m just a bit paranoid about doing anything that I shouldn’t but being on my own there are things that just need to be done. so I get worried when I do these things but I’m sure 7 1/2 weeks it should be okay?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

ps at first I was using a little step to go up higher so I wouldn’t have to reach my arms up but then I was thought going up and down on the step would be just as bad and bending over so I didnt really know what to do! . Anyway I’ve done it now I’m just hoping it’s okay. I only put light things on there anyway

• Posted

I'm sure you will be fine. Its so easy to ignore all advice and overdo it but you are being very sensible and abiding by all the rules. Dont worry, we all get paranoid about these things.

• Posted

Thanks so Marina,

Yeah its very dfficult to stick to all the rules for such a long time and then really forever but not quite as strict !

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts . I appreciate it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.