Hangover anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! I had my wedding day on Saturday and had a wonderful day when I have a drink I forget about my anxiety and I drank loads!!! Now I have quite bad anxiety because of my hangover (my hangovers last for about 5 days and I never drink, probably about 3 times a year!) my face is numb and I can't concentrate I am so fatigued as well, I know this will pass, I just wanted to let it all out on this forum :-) absolutely I'm flying on Monday a four hour flight to tennerife in which I hate flying and I'm just gonna have a few whiskies to calm my nerves, I've been on 20mg citalopram for 5 years which I find rubbish! I hate all this anxiety it started over 10 years age when I was about 24 I'm now thinking it might be because of my childhood but why did it start in my twentys! I was neglected as a child, my dad a alcoholic and my mam had several depression which later ended up having schzipinia (can't spell this) me and my 6 other brothers and sisters got put into care and the younger ones were adopted (we have contact with them) me and my older sister were put together in a foster home with vicious foster parents the foster father sexual abused me for a few years from the age of 7 till about 10 (I didn't leave their care till I was 18)my older sister was abused by him all her life even when she moved out he mentally and emotionally abused her, we went to court last year and he got 13 years in prison the foster mother died a few years ago of liver failure she was an alcoholic, where in the middle of sueing social services. Anyway I've just told you half of my life story while I am moaning about my anxiety hangover!!! I know I will be fine in a couple of days! Take care people xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My mom also had schizophrenia. And I also wasent abused.

I was diagnosed with major depression I few months ago. I'm taking abilify, cymbalta and propranolol. Which have helped. I use to hate my hangovers, I had really bad anxiety but it lasted max 2 years. My advice to you is to stop drinking you can make your anxiety worse.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply sweetie I don't drink at all because of my horrible hangovers the only time I drink is when I go to weddings which is once in a blue moon :-)

• Posted

don't overdo the alcohol because the drugs wont work when you drink it. Have a nice holiday but be careful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.