Happy!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just been to nurse for my first weigh in and am so pleased - after a fortnight of family get togethers with party food and fish and chips (I know I know!!) have lost 8.5 lb. so pleased because as I have a LOT of weight to lose i can't really tell or feel any difference. It will be along slog for me but I'm feeling optimistic about it now 😀

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

That's amazing weight loss in 2 weeks - well done!!!! 

Keep going and imagine without the cheats what you could lose 😉👏👍👍👏😉 

• Posted

Be Warned Lisa, the cheats will catch up wiht you, they hold no hostages : ((
  • Posted

Well done 🎊🎉🎈sooo pleased for you, keep up the good work 🏆
  • Posted

Well done on the weight loss. But why are you eating fish and chips if your on the tablets? they are meant to reducate you about what you eat. You must be sharting yourself if you have been eating all that food. and if you contiinue to eat such 'treats' they will actually make you gain instead of lose even with the tablets.

I think posts such as these can make newbies think that they can eat what they like and still lose weight the tablets are not like that and not meant for that purpose.

• Posted

Hi Britneyspears - I've been mulling your reply over for a few days and although I realise you have a wealth of experience and knowledge about the workings of orlistat I really feel your reply could have been seen as very demotivating.  I for one read it and felt very disheartened even though I had had a good weight loss - yes I KNOW I shouldn't have eaten the fish & chips etc BUT I felt as though I had to justify myself to you, which on an open forum should not be the case.  

We are all on a journey together and had I not been feeling stronger about my journey ahead could have quite easily crumbled and headed for the chocolate and biscuits and cakes which I have taken comfort in in the past.  I am sure there are others who can relate to this feeling which is probably why the majority of us are in this situation in the first place!

I'm at the beginning of my journey and am bound to make mistakes and slip ups - as I'm sure other "newbies" will do too.   I know I have to be good and then the tablets will work, but years of over eating etc cannot be broken just like that.

lis x

• Posted

I appreciate your replies and thanks for the positive comments/encouragement

i have only been on the tablets for two weeks- as I haven't told anyone apart from my husband I wasn't wanting to make a big issue in front of family and friends on days out and family gatherings which had been planned for a long time - hence why the blips (as detailed in a previous post)

apart  from those blips I've been on it fully hence why I'm pleased with my loss

britney - what is sharting?!

• Posted

Lis63339

Please do not feel as though you have to explain yourself to anyone, you do not!

Well done on your loss, be careful with the fat content of your meals, you don't have to deprive yourself but be careful.

The 'sharting' (horrible word) is when you have eaten too much fat and it comes away form you when you pass wind- unpleasant!!!

Stay focussed and enjoy your continuing weight loss x

• Posted

Thank you Andrea for your kind words and for explaining 'sarting' - thankfully haven't experienced that here - and hopefully won't in the future

I am fully focused  now and am hoping to stay that way - although having over eaten for years it is a difficult cycle to break and I'm sure that goes for a lot of people on here and why there are on the tablets. 

• Posted

Oh wow that is brilliant well done hun, you must feel amazing xx
  • Posted

Wow weldone you great loss.

How did you cope with fish and chips with the little blues xx

• Posted

Thanks girls 

thankfully was ok after the offending meal!!  Although it's not something I will be having again in the near future!! 

• Posted

Your 1 brave person ha ha 

Good luck for your next weigh in xx

• Posted

Hey, well done on your weight loss! I've just had my second month weigh in and lost 9lb, which brings me to a total loss of 18lb in 8 weeks. This particular diet can be very hard to follow especially when doing your food shop, takes me a good few hours!!! I have Alpro chocolate yogurt - for my chocolate fix, I have Shape hazelnut chocolate - I love nuts lol, Weight Watchers sausage (2), Weight Watchers salted hoop crisp, Marshmellows, brown rice, wholemeal pasta (etc). I find eating out a HUGE challenge as I don't like salad and most pasta dishes are high in fat. I was told that tomato based dishes is a safe bet, so I once had chicken bhuna from my local take away (I had explain to the chef I was on a medicated diet therefore I cannot have anything high in fat) NEVER AGAIN!! I honestly thought I was gonna die!!!

You are constantly learning and improving on this diet, it's not something that you can instantly take to.

Good Luck hun xx

• Posted

wow well done on your weight loss Rachel, and thanks for your tips.  I've been eating sainsburys basic low fat yogurt with banana and grapes for brekkie, and found some sainsburys low fat yoghurts with fruit which are nice too

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.