Happy

Posted , 3 users are following.

just to lwt everyone know i finally got my first shot of zolair three weeks ago after suffering with this horrible chronic urticaria and have had success so far i don't have anymore hives and i am starting to eat more of what i want without any hives.  I'm finally getting my life back thanks to zolair.  I know it doesn't work for everyone but for me so far it is working 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thats great congrats - how often do you have to get it? How much does it cost? Did you have any side effects at all? Thanks
    • Posted

I have to get it every month for six months they say.  It cost 1500 a month but i was lucky to have insurance that pays 90 percent and the rest was covered with the exhale program so no cost to me thank God.  I havent had any side effect at all so far and i'm praying that I won't get any.  My health is very good besides urticaria so maybe it makes a diffrence.  What is your story 

• Posted

and I suffered with this for three long years it was hell 
    • Posted

Oh thanks for answering so fast - Im in Dublin Ireland and cant find anyone in Ireland onine that is offering it or even felow sufferers. I got Cholinergic Urticaria unfortunatley when I was in a relationship about 3 years ago and I would get all the hives on my stomach and lower back after we had sec (sorry for crudeness) but they would go away initially after an hour then they started getting worse and everytime I had a hot shower or sunbathed or had hot tea etc and now they are constantly all over my abdomen and lower back....loads of other side effects with it like cuts at the side of my mouth and alot of sever anxiety, I had been gien fexonadine 180mg but rarely took it and never really noticed a difference. To be honest they are not itchy and raw all the time only after sweating in any form but they are visibly horrible I think thats why I am anxious too.
  • Posted

I'm happy for you! Do you have to take it only once or you have to take it every once in a while?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.