Happy days ahead!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies !! Lovely to hear your all feeling better !!! Knew we would! All your posts are great and positive and all so different from the early days!! I'm feeling souch better on my increase 5 weeks in , yes we will all have our off days , but we know the road is bumpy , but we find the straight route eventually!!!!! Love you guys , were a great little unit , thank god for the Internet!!!!!! Xxxxxxxx

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

You to Pam , nice to here that your smiling again 😃 let’s all try and keep I touch on here, even if to just say ‘ hi’ to every one , love and best wishes to you all 🤗xx

• Posted

Thanks Pam. You all were an important part of my healing. 

Love you all. ❤️❤️

• Posted

Hi Laurie how’s things over in the USA? Hope your feeling good? Can’t beleave how quick Xmas is creeping up on us, you got any plans for the festive Hols? Love and best wishes to you, big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Dawn, Pam, Panda and Dewey,

Just had a couple of high anxiety days but coming out of it now. Sooooo...I'm good. lol. Christmas is coming too fast. But I love this time of year. Almost ready. How about you? My in laws are staying overnight Christmas Eve as I don't want them waking up at home alone on Christmas morning. We open gifts here then go to Scott's brother and wife's place for dinner. Only problem is my sister in law HATES animals so the dogs are home alone for a bit. So no sleep overs in the city. What plans do you have? Hey lady I live in a small town called Bethany, Ontario, Canada. 

We Canadians are a separate entity from the US. Donald Trump. YUK!!!

Hahahaha

Let me know how you are doing.

Love and big hugs to you. 😀??

• Posted

Lol sorry chic.. don’t blame you not wanting any thing to do with Donald trump  who would, I’ll try and remeber .. Canada.. 

I’m not to bad thanks, seem to have a blip again yesterday, I was all right most of the day, then wham.. I just seem to go down hill, why o why does it do this to us?? Not sure if the menopause don’t help, even tho Iv not had a period since March, seem to be getting all the bloody symptoms that go with a period, I just feel like I’m going to start if you get me? I’m hoping not as want this crap to stop now, 4 years is enough for me 😩..

Today is a another day so hoping things stay good, I know the downs won’t last long, so that’s a good thing..

I know what you mean with your animals, I don’t like leaving mine, sad some may say but true, as I live on my own they keep me company, and they are always there for you, no mater what..going to my daughters Xmas day for dinner so that’s always nice, then that’s it for my Xmas which I don’t mind in a way, think over the years Iv just got use to it, being on my own, with my animals lol, so don’t bother me...

Hope your on the up again chic, it’s not nice when we feel low, have a lovely day, big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Laurie!!, glad your feeling good , so am I !!, had a few blip days last week but they've gone thank God!! I'm having a family Xmas over the two days so that will be nice , I have a lovely cat called SID! He will be on his own some time over them days ,but we all live close ,so that's OK

Hope. you and your family have a great time,!!! Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Pam!

Really glad to hear that you are doing well. 

I was wondering if you could let me know some of your experience. What dosage are you on?

I am on 10 mg for 14 weeks now, and though my depression has significantly decreased, i am much more functional, my anxiety is still very high and i have trouble reaching out to friends and talking to people. I know that if i increase my dose to 20, this will help the anxiety, I am just in the middle of a semester of school and scared to get the initial effects of the increase (high anxiety, cant concentrate, more depressed). 

Just wondering, once you increased your dose, did you experience the side effects in the same intensity as when first starting or were they lower?

Thanks so much and hope everything continue to improve as it has been!! 

xx

• Posted

Hi hun! I've been on floux for many years as they do help ! When I increases 5 weeks ago I had all the symptoms the people have written on here ,so if you do increase to 20 do expect to get them, but don't worry , just ride it through , worth it in the end!! Keep close to us on here , the support we give and receive is amazing!! Good luck miss panda and hugs!!!!! Xxxxx

• Posted

I ve been on my increase going on 3 weeks now 20 mg to 30 mg, had  2 ok days, the last 2 not so good, nauseous,  headache is this normal? I haven't been to work this whole time! When will I feel better? 

• Posted

Hi Dewey what you are going through is normal. We all have had the side effects come and go. But it's good news that you have had a couple of good days. You will get them more and more. This is a very slow, difficult process but worth it in the end. Try to be kind to yourself. You will get better. Lean on us here whenever you are struggling. Hugs??

• Posted

Laurie is right, your doing well, and still early days yet, take each day as it comes, we all want this drug to work as from yesterday, but sorry it just don’t, it is worth it so keep up the good work, and one day you will look back, and be glad you stuck it out, keep in touch big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Dawn, I so hope you are right,  that I'll be glad I stuck it out! In the meantime I think my husband is sick of me  not going to work  & hanging out on the couch,  thank you so much for your support 💟hugs! 

• Posted

I'm trying,  taking it one day at a time!  Hope to feel better soon! Thank you so much for your support! 💟Hugs!

• Posted

Hi Pam, great little positive post, I thought I would reply!... I am 3 weeks into my 20mg fluoxetine dose.  Although I have slept more and isolated quite a lot, I am optimistic. It is a little strange I agree, adjusting to the medication, but I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Have a great day everybody, and hang on in there if you are early days like me.  
    • Posted

Hi Debbie , nice post!! Glad your feeling better , its a tough time , but sticking with it is the best thing to do. I was happy to be able to post something positive at last so as to help others struggling!! There's definitely light at the end of that dark tunnel!! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.