Happy Monday !!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Guys

I've just started using the forum and finding it a real comfort already.  Peri seems to happen overnight for me, feel I've aged 10 years in 10 days!!

Quick question - I'm wondering how long it takes for the vits to kick-in.  Started taking B-Vit mega complex and iron last week?   Think I might start magnesium/zinc/calc combined also. 

G

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian

I'm hoping they kick in quick, I started Vitamin B12 and Vitanin B6. I ache all over and find it hard to get off to sleep, and a zillian other awful symptoms which make my life difficult.

Hey ho, going to have a lovely coffee now

Welcome

MRS M

• Posted

Hi Mrs M 

Thanks for your reply.   Here's hoping!

My sleeping habits are terrible....I fall asleep really easily but wake up at last 5-6 (some times more) during the night.  

I will try ANYTHING !!!

Sense of humour is vital !!!

Cheers smile

• Posted

Hi Started my peri abou 4 years ago and didnt really cop on at time just thoiugh old age creeping up very heavy peroids itchy skin, joints sore blemishes on skin, and then got really anxious and worri3ed about every wee thing. had blod tests down jan and all clear blood pressure ok eyes and eye pressure test done . Ithink all due to heavy peroids and was taking nothing to replace what i was losing  Ihad 34 Sympton of perimenopause. gained weight trying everthing to get rid, 50 now and this last year a night mare only hope is that it will be alright in end take montly one mont then 1/2 missing then back !!!! so Ladies my sympathy is with you all
    • Posted

Yes Mary, me too I had the itchy skin thing, thank goodness atleast thats gone away.

I just hate THE BUTCHERS FIGURE though lol try as I might I can't get rid of it

Mrs Merm

Going for coffee now

• Posted

Hi girls!  I know it's awful.  I feel like a sumo wrestler dear. cheesygrin My waist has gone on vacation.  The B6 and B12 vitamins kicked in after a good week.  They fixed me right up!  

These symptoms don't last long and go away eventually.  I had heart palpitations, itchy skin, vertigo and went away.  They just seem to last forever cause it's such a change were going through but we will survive.  cheesygrin

• Posted

Good Morning Ladies,

I feel all of you. I look at myself now and think, OMG, this time last year I was almost 25 lbs lighter and looked great. Then I hit 51 and look like crap! Started really getting hit with perimenopause symptoms that all of you have. My left knee has been so bad for weeks now. Think I have a cyst or something in it but I get all the aches and pains and no stamina anymore. Can't even exercise because I ache for days after. I get insomnia, spacey feelings and just blah feelings. Had just about everything on the list. I will say that I took Jay's advice and started B6. I have been taking B12 1500 mg for energy and I take multi vitamin, 1000 mg of D and Vitamin E. I'm trying to cover all bases. Helps but doesn't make it all go away..lol. I have learned to live with it so I have conquered the anxiety. This does really suck though and I hope when it's over I can feel like the woman I used to. I'm gaining so much weight and I have no desire to do anything about it!

Have a good day!

Nancy

• Posted

Hi Nancy

Your post made me smile - I'm 51 and feel just like you.    Only  a couple of weeks ago felt I could conquer the world  - feel like a different person now.   Hopefully our mojo's return soon!!

Very easily distracted at work too !!!!!

G

• Posted

Hi Gillian sense of humour a must!! Without that we would all be locked away I think! Don't know hiw long vitamins take may depend on what levels are in your body already and if you only need them topping up a little or a lot. Oh for a magnifying glass inside the body to see what's happening next if we knew we could take the appropriate action quickly . Lack if vitamin c pop a tablet if you get my drift ! I always seem to be reacting to the symptoms hopefully when all vitamins kick in we will be in a better place or ( madhouse) x
  • Posted

Hi ladies,

I have read  where many of you suffer with increased anxiety. Mine is really bad right now. I will be feeling somewhat normal, and then out of nowhere the anxiety will come over me. Can some of you respond with how you feel when your anxiety is high. I keep telling myself it is just anxiety, and it will get better. However, it just seems to consume me. 

Thanks.

Kim

• Posted

Hi Kim....my anxiety started really bad a year or so ago and it was to the point of panic attacks...i would know i didnt feel good and at that time i didnt really understand it was just from peri and would get myself so scared that it was something serious and then things spiral our of control...my eye would go blurry and arm and hand would go numb and just shake like crazy....this happend 3 time and after a trip in ambulance and them doin all kinds of test they said it was anxiety and panic disorder....well then i found all these wonderful ladies and it became very clear what was goin on with me....thanks to their advice im on b6 now and that helped me alot...i still get bad anxiety certain times of the month...with my anxiety i shake and and have pressure in head and my eyes feel like their twisting and just feel very spacy and theres times all i have is heart palps and chest pain...somedays i can control and keep calm but sometimes i just feel like im goin to really lose it and freak out....i still get a tad scared at times because i just feel so bad  but much much better then in the past...sorry so long but anxiety is no fun i know that....hope things get better for you...
  • Posted

Hi Laurie,

Thank you so much for your response. It does help a great deal to have others who truly understand what you're going through. My anxiety is just terrible right now. I have the racing heart, chest pain, nervousness, and of course, the "what if" thinking. My former self was a very rational, strong, handle any situation kind of person. My new self. Well, not so much. I also ache all over, and feel wiped out most days. It is so frustrating! I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass, and I have so much to be thankful for. I know there are so many others who are dealing with much worse. I am determined to keep pushing through!

Thanks again!!!!!

Kim

• Posted

Yes Kim I use to be very independent and had 3 sometimes 4 jobs at once plus take care of kids and house....well that is not the case anymore....lucky if i can take care of myself somedays....but just keep plugging away and we will make it thru...I try to keep busy as much as possible when i feel somewhat human anyway.....lol. Will be so glad when this is over....xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.