HAPPY NEW YEAR

Posted , 10 users are following.

To all the hippies whose new hips have given them a new lease of life and to those waiting for the operation Happy New Year to you all. πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸΎπŸ·πŸ»πŸ₯‚

7 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A happy new year to everyone, I hope your new hips are as successful as my July 2018 one has proved to be.

For those who are going to be having the operation in 2019, don't forget there is a wealth of information on this website, and on my own website. The address is in my personal info here ...

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/rocketman-sg6uk-907025

and at the bottom of the moderator's "useful resources" page at

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thr-useful-resources-487147

Best wishes to all

Graham -Β―_(ツ)_/Β― ( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°)

• Posted

Happy New Year to All of you too.

PetraπŸΎπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

• Posted

Happy New Year and Happy New Hips to everyone. This time last year I was in so much pain, wondering how much longer I would have to wait and both looking forward to (and dreading) finally getting a date for surgery..........Successful surgery in April, yes the recovery was a bit tough at times, but my goodness, I can honestly say it has transformed my life. So grateful that this surgery is available to us here in the UK on our great NHS. Thanks to this forum - you kept me company during the tough early days and the sleepless nights (can't believe that I actually prefer to sleep on my back these days......Good Luck to those recuperating and awaiting surgery.

• Posted

Happy new year to everyone. 8 days and counting till i get my second hip done. Can't wait so to all on this forum may 2019 be a good year

• Posted

happy New year all I haven't been on here long I'm still waiting for date of my op I'm dreading it but hopefully this time next year my hip will be done I live in south Wales dose anyone on here live in the same area and how long have you been waiting i had to go back to my doctor as I still waiting for joint clinic had pre assement 21nov

• Posted

Hi Maureen, is that South Wales UK?

Don't worry about the OP and you will have less pain afterwards.

It's the best thin what happened to me.

Petra

• Posted

I am in North Wales and the health service here was in special measures but, I got lucky with op. I saw consultant at the end of January 2018 and had op about 7 weeks later. If you have been to pre op I would recommend phoning the consultants secretary she can give you a date, if not the first time you ring keep telephoning.

• Posted

Happy New Year. If you have had your pre op you should have the op within twelve weeks of the pre op or they will have to do another one, which is unusual. Theoretically you should have your op pretty soon.

• Posted

My mother had her revision hip done there, that was a while back though. Hopefully they will give you a date soon. I waited about ten weeks from pre-op.

• Posted

thanks all for replying I know it will be a lot better than I am now but being on here has given me hope that there is light at the end I think because I'm in so much pain I can't see it thanks all will keep posted of any news on my

• Posted

Are you all from the US or is someone also from Great Britain?

Petra

• Posted

I think you will find most are from the UK. Maureen seems to be in South Wales and I North Wales UK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.