happy new year...not!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,im new to this site,i was just looking up prolapsed disc and i got to this site,i am sitting in my jim jams on hogmany,in agony,on the diclofenac,tramadol and diazipam,had this pain for past 4 month and cannot go back to my job as a nurse until i have the operation,im currently waiting on a consultation date,my gp is on holiday,aaagh im so fed up,theres no food in the house,im a single mum.....think im just so fed up because ive been in pain for too long,every day,cant even sneeze without tears....anyhoo happy new year all xxx

chrissy xxx sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chrissy, I'm in my p.j's too, all alone (hubby working nights), no kids but faithful hound for company.

It sounds like your on alot of medication, I took Tramadol post-op for pain relief after my lumbar decompression in October - sent me to la la land for a few weeks but it did the trick.

You said that you found us by looking up prolapsed disc, is this your problem? If so whereabouts? I'm 3 months post-op lumbar and pending further surgery on my neck to have 2 discs replaced with plastic ones - oh happy days :roll:

You will find alot of help and support on here. I found the worst time was waiting to see consultants/surgeons, getting diagnosis and the dreaded surgery dates. The actual surgery and recovery was a breeze in comparison to the stress of the build up.

Oh no, the dreaded fireworks have started up - my big tough German Shepherd is about to wet his pants :shock: . I've got a bottle of bubbles in the fridge, I'm going to take the dog out very early tomorrow morning and be back for 7am when hubby gets back - we will then drink our bubbles and I'll go back to bed and get up at 11 with a hangover - perfik, just perfik.

Sandra

• Posted

hi chrissy,

:cuddle: i'm a single mum too, so been there done that! and to be in pain as well, and at this time of year does make you feel so fed up and miserable.. but hey you found this site :magic: its not very busy at mo cos of xmas etc but theres always someone who'll get back to you at some time ok :D how old are you kids? but don't feel your alone cos we're all going, or have been through the same, so we know how you feel as in pain wise, :ok: i know how hard it is to be a single mum too! oh im always in me pj's :oops: i don't care :lol: their too comfy!!!

take care and :cheerup:

and a very happy new year :bubbly: (on me, lol)

:rose:mandy:rose: x

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

Really sorry to hear about what you're going through.....I went through similar last year and I'm also a nurse and have been off work since March '07. I too was on your combi of meds until my GP prescribed Morphine which was the only thing that had any effect on the pain...I also had hydro to keep me mobile...Anyway I had a discectomy ( L5/S1) on 1st Nov ( as everyone on hear knows....lol) and haven't looked back! I was off the Morphine 10 days post op and now take the occaisional paracetamol. I return to work on 4th Feb.

I just want to say that I know you feel absolutely miserable right now....but there is hope..If you find the NHS dragging their feet get Occupational Health to see if they can keep things moving along smoothly for you. I see you are a single Mum...how old are the kids? Can you get anyone to look after them for a bit? If you can get to hydro maybe Occ Health copuld get them into the hospital creche whilst you attend if they are pre-school age...just some thoughts as this is what they do in my area...

You will find loads of support on here.....I have found everyone incredibly friendly and supportive :D

Keep us posted and don't forget we are here for you :D

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

hi chrissy

yup me too was in my pjs been in them(not same pair lol) for 2 wks now, and looks like a lot of our fellow \"patients\" are having a bad new year well i for one was in bed at 9, no booze just a cocktail of meds , ( post op 18 days) think everyone else sumss up things , we,r all a friendly bunch and will try to support you best we can as we,ve all been and are still going through the same situ as you. best wishes for the new year gail

• Posted

Not just single mums that sit around in PJ's. I rarely put anything on now other than my dressing gown unless I am going out anywhere (such as to town to replenish supplies of tobacco) as I see no point in getting dressed to sit around the house all day suffering.

We are all in similar situations (some worse than others), and in reality if it was not for this site and the users here, I probably would not be breathing now (& that is a serious comment as well).

• Posted

Hi Darren

just been reading comments as you do, thought i would reply as you sound a little down sad

the way i have been thinking lately is that this illness is not goning to beat me and try by staying positive, this is hard sometime when your in constant pain. BE STRONG you can beat it and let it know that you are the boss

you should maybe make an app with the doc agin and speak to someone this helped me and still does when the pain is really bad

kept your chin up :D

sorry about spelling still getting over to much booze last night

Anne Marie

• Posted

Hi Chrissy

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain :cry: its hard to stay positive with the kids when all you want to do is cry with the pain

i to spend alot of time in my pjs because its so painful to get changed have you tried heat on your back this helps me sometimes and put the kids in front of the tv i found this works to keep them happy

this is a great site and has helped me get through some really bad days

my brain is not working that well at the mo to many pain killers i think soory about all the spelling/grammer ect mistakes

Anne Marie smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.