Happy place - thoughts strike!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys,

I know I say this every time, but seriously so grateful for this forum. 

We’re all in this together!

Long story short- I’ve been extremely happy with a few blips over the past month, but just viewed them as that- blips! They went away and feel like I can deal with so many of my thoughts now which is great!

But there’s one thought I keep having recently/ after hearing some very sad stories related to a horrible topic and they won’t go away.

I keep judging myself thinking I’m such a bad person! At the same time- part of me knows it is ridiculous!

I’m very lucky, as my boyfriend suffers with this just like me and we really encourage eachother... however I really just want to live a normal life, without this keep cropping up!

I’ve been on 20mg with great success and have upped my dose for around 5 days now. I’m still keeping busy and not letting the thoughts get the best of me which really helps...

But just need some encouragement!

Sending love,

Louise xo.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Firstly well done on coming so far and that is what you have to think about. Be proud of that place you are no longer in and we all get little blips now and again so know your not alone.

I also get stupid thoughts but I’ve learnt to ride them out, instead of battling to get them out my head I just let them flow and before I know it they are gone. If you look at my posts I couldn’t get the word cancer off my mind for 3 days. 

Since then any weird thoughts I get instead of trying to convince myself I just go with it and then instantly they go I no longer fixate on them. 

I know everyone is different and I wish you luck. 

X

• Posted

Thanks Nicky,

Yes I saw your post on that smile

I’m working on just letting them go- but recently they’ve been so horrible! 

I’m going to work on not judging myself for them- but it’s hard. Some topics I’m able to brush off really easily- so will see how I go the next few days smile and hopefully they’ll be gone soon!

Xo.

• Posted

I know it’s easier said than done, but shouldn’t beat yourself up over it. It’s just your mind levelling out and having burst of energy(annoying thoughts) now and again. 

Just take each day as it comes and don’t rush. You’ve come so far already and should be so proud. 

X

• Posted

Hi Louise

Sounds like your doing really Well, so well done for that. I would just give it some time and don't beat yourself up about blips and some thoughts you ca t control. Main thing is you are on the right path.

We done

• Posted

Thanks Steven- I suppose it’s just being patient with ourselves. It’s easier said than done!

I know this will pass soon- but the anxiety likes to make us think it won’t! *rolls eyes*

Xo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.