Happy Sunday to you all, bit of advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on tablets now nearly 3 mnts no problems .

Been out to yo sushi for lunch . Thought I chose well looking at nutrition before I went .

Think I may have gone over by 2g of fat . 

Has anybody else gone over a little bit , and if yes what was your side effects .

Thank you all for your help .

From 1 nervous happy chick xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hello Happy Chic ;-)

Erm!.....I did in the beginning, had the orange oil, but only slightly.

It may be Pampers time for you! eek lol.

I guess it depends on th individual and their tolarance level to the amount of fat they go over, before Orilstat lives up to its promise!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you daisy , I've been angle all the way .

Could kick myself , I only had 3 g fat this morning . 

I hope the blue tablet takes pity on me . Gives me a 2nd chance . Lol

Dasiy when it happend to you how much fat do you think you had . Xxx

• Posted

I dont actually know the amount to be honest.

On my second day of taking the little blue buddies I had a famliy dinner in an Indian Restaurant, I had  chicken tikka with the onions which had oil on them and poppadum’s with dips too.

I got off relatively lightly the next day, but it was enought to scare me into not doing it again. Its done now hun (you may be ok) but just be prepared for *possible* consequences, especially if you are at work! eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

No thank The Lord I'm on holidays !! So can stay close to the loo.

I'm really crossed with myself , thought I was doing so well !!

Will just have to wait for the outcome ,some how I think it's going to be 💩💩💩.

I do love this little family of ours .

You can reach out and you no other people are going throught the same .

How did you get in with that pasta and rice you from health shop?

Have your visitors gone now xxx

• Posted

Yes my 4 Chinese visitors have now left...phew! They were staying with me for almost 5 weeks, I now know few phrases in Manderineek At times it was difficault cooking all lovely meals for them, knowing that I could not eat any of it, but it paid off in the end with my surprising weight loss for the month!

The Pasta and rice takes some getting used to! Its is not something I would want to eat often, but it is low in calories and does fill you up!

I have purchased a few more packets of the Penne pasta, although it is double the calories of the rice version, it does taste "nicer" Gulp!

I have experimented a little with the rice version, it reminded me of tapioca at school! I tried mixing it with vanilla soya yogurt with a few sultanas in, it wasnt too bad, but then it wasn't too good either! lol It is what it is really hun "you cant make a silk purse from a sows ear!"

The rice & pasta does not have any taste as such, but the texture takes a lot of getting used to, its a really chewy eek Personally I feel its only good for padding food out. Lets say for instance, you have gone over the calorie allowance the day before (assuming you have an allowance) this is great for cutting back on calories the next day. Although I do not recommend for the feint hearted or fussy eaters!

It has to be rinsed several times as it comes in some kind of fishy protective brine. I quickly learned to hold my breath when I opend the packet and rinsed it, as it can be quite off putting. It does need to be rinsed several times before the fishy odour dissipates, but the smell does go eventually.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Dasiy I take my hat off to you , cooking lovely food and not able to tuck in .

As for the pasta and rice I think I may give it a miss, pasta in a fish brine , 

Just the thought turns my tummy.

Do you have a nice break before your next visitors arrive .

I went to bed padded up, just a little lose this morning ha ha I hope there is nothing else to follow ha ha xx

• Posted

Good morning HC :-)

Not visitors planned as such, as I am trying to sort my home out for sale. It has years of collections from my world travels, I dont seem to collect small trinkets, its always large statues and objects! My brain does not appear to recognise small, especially over the last few years where food portions are concened, hence me being large! eek

I think too many years living in Middle East countries, yep! Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it! Out there the custom is to cook double the quantity of food for your guests. My friends have a good giggle at my kitchen, it is stacked with just about everything foodwise!  

I am accustomed to impromptu dinner parties and entertaining, so always have something tastey I can rustle up at short notice! Not exactly good when you are trying to loose weight huh!

Hope your tummy wont be to bad today hun x but if it is, let it serve as a good reminder of the wrath of the Mighty Orilstat! twisted Gulp! lol

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hiya Daisy whereabouts in the Middle East have you lived? My partner is from the Middle East and the portions of rice that he eats is not for a mere mortal 
    • Posted

Hi Ceejay :-)

I have visited most of the Middle East countries, but have lived in Jordan, Kuwait, Dubai & Saudi Arabia.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I'm jealous lol Iv got my fingers crossed for my first visit to the Middle East next year but to the other side of the gulf I will be going to Iran and my son shall meet his grandparents for the first time I was looking forward to all the lovely food (no one cooks rice quite like Persians) but now I'm on this diet it's all about the sightseeing I'm extremely excited just hope I ca resist all the yummy foods
    • Posted

Iran is a totally different kettle of fish, I have have sent you a PM.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hope the after effects of your meal out haven't been too extreme happy chick xx

it isn't easy eating out sometimes!! 

• Posted

So far just a bit windy 💨 I'm hoping that's all it will turn into. 

So so nervous not going to far away from wc .

It makes me laught you can say anything on here and not be judged ha ha 

• Posted

Hi there,

I've gone over by a little bit a couple of times and haven't had hideous effects. A little bit bloated and a little bit of oil, but not that bad. I felt the need to visit the little room a bit more frequently, but that was more out of concern that something bad was going to happen really.

It certainly wasn't anything I couldn't manage 'safely' at work... (sorry if tmi)

Now, the fish and chips I had friday night... that might be a totally different story ;-)

• Posted

Fish and Chips??? You are sailing so very close to the *wind* and the wrath of the Mighty Orilstat!!

What made you eat fish and chips? or was it some homemade low fat version? One of the members on here had a really funny term for the Orilstat wrath..."Bumsplosion" eek

Stock up on Pampers roodles! lol

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I know, I know.....

... we've only ever had it about once a year, late evening, no dinner, don't want to cook, husband offers to go and get takeaway - comes back with fish and chips. He doesn't really get this. Yesterday in the supermarket he picked up fresh cream cakes, sausages, cheese...

It's a good thing my daughter has just gone up a size in her nappies - there's a chance I could fashion something if I stick a few together - lol

• Posted

Aww thank you for your reply , just Windy City here so far . Lol 

Fish and chips are you mad roodles!!!

Hope you got plenty of andrex close by . 

Good to see your feeling  happier.

Xxx

• Posted

Awe roodles x x x

It helps when you can get the family on-board and always have some emergency low-fat food in for when you dont feel like cooking. We laugh and joke about what happens if you eat fat on Orilstat, but jokes aside, loosing our weight is important for all of us on this forum. It's flippin hard and we can support each other in the forum, but its in our own personal lives we need it the most.smile

For me personally, yes I want to be back in a 12, but there are far more important issues involved for me. I am deeply concerned about the health aspects of being obese and petrified of becoming diabetic. I have been stuffing copius amount of food in my mouth for several years without a thought of what it will do to me.

Sometimes family love us just the way we are and do not see how important it is to be at a healthy weight. My friends/family always say to me "awe you are cuddly, you are fine just the way you are!" But my ex-gym buddies would have a whole different take on it.eek

Hugs

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Health is my main reason , my blood pressure is fine no problems there .

I've just needed to go back educate myself in what to eat .

I never say I'm on I diet as that makes me want to eat more .

This is my way of life now . Xx

Still no rushing to the loo, you watch I

Traveling to London weds think I may put a towel on my seat xxx   

• Posted

I feel the same as you HC, I dont think about dieting, just finding a new way of eating to control my weight.

Oh gosh! I hope its all worked its way through you before you travel to London, you should be ok by Weds.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Same here, I never ate any fat last night just yourgrt and fruit .

Been really strict as well so I'm hoping the blues will be kind to me . Xx 

• Posted

Hi roodles 

Any movement , after your fish and chips . Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.