Hard body.

Posted , 8 users are following.

i don’t know if this affects anyone else. But I noticed my body is like one hard muscle, this is only

since I have been taking predesolone, and it has been gradual. Does anyone know if this is another side affect, I have got down to 8mg. I know I have put weight on which was approx 2st. I have now lost 13lbs, doing some light weights and 5mile walk each day, I am sure this would not make my whole body hard. If one of my fellow PMR sufferes out there could shed some light I would be delighted. I am watching a programme on anabolic steroids i don’t want to end up like that,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Corticosteroids are more likely to cause muscle weakening than otherwise.  Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids are both a type of hormone but they work very differently.  Don't worry, you will not get a ripped body from pred.  🏋????

• Posted

Thank you I certainly don’t want to end up like the incrediable hulk LOL
  • Posted

Quite the opposite. Just after I got PMR, my wife comments was " everything got softer". I think she was talking about my quads smile.  Seriously, not only my muscles got weaker, but it seems that they were very soft, unless there was stiffness, and some post-exercise knots that were harder and also painful on pressure. But it gets better over time and with pred reduction.

• Posted

It must just be me nick. Very strange how our bodies seem to react, especially when we are all taking the same drug. 
  • Posted

You needn't worry about the effects of anabolic steroids - they are a completely different thing to pred!!!

The only hard muscles I have after 8+ years of pred are the ones that harden and spasm due to myofascial pain syndrome! Otherwise they are regretably poor in tone...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.