Hard bony bump on top of my skull without any pain. Help !

Posted , 3 users are following.

It feels like a bone bumped up under your skull when you press it, and it doesnt cause any pain. A hard bony bump around a coin size. Anyone know what is it? I am so worried. Because all the symptoms on the net is mostly - soft lump, or felt pain when you press it, or skin problem. But mine feels like growing inside the skull instead on skin. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am right there with you. I now have two Ridge like hard bumps on my skull. I went to my GP and she said they were cysts. I then went to another which said they could be like lymphomas. Then I went to a dermatologist and she said it was that cutis verticis so I looked at up and that was kind of unpleasant to see but the symptoms were pretty close to mine. There is a disease also called something arteritis of the skull and I sure didn't want that to be it but my doctor seems to think it's all cool but these things seem to at times now that they're larger they seem to go down at times but at other times they seem to feel larger. I don't know. Mine don't hurt though either every now and then it will feel like how your hair feels when you parted it on the wrong side and it gets that kind of achy feeling it'll do that every now and then but if I mash it or touch it it doesn't hurt at all. I don't think there's any answers out there for us I never can get many remarks on it when I ask questions about it on here so if you hear of anything please keep me informed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.