Hard knots

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a perianal abscess about two months ago and had to have surgery. Now two days ago I found out I had two of them in the same spot and they had cut me above the other scar and this time they didn't pack it and it doesn't hurt but theres a hard knot and I don't know if it's from my scar or if it's from themy two I just had drained.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I would give your CRS a call. Hopefully they or your GP can see you and let you know what is going on back there. Hope you are better soon. 

• Posted

Right above the healed incision area...yes I have had that before. I was worried it was back but it was scar tissue and softened. On another occasion it was an abscess right below the last incision. If they don't go deep enough and open the pockets within the abscess they can come back fairly close to the one before..hopefully not in your case. I'm having surgery coming up to remove the sweat glands in a certain area in hopes to lessen mine which seem to be 1-3x per month now. rolleyes

• Posted

Hello

Have you seen the perianal abscess organisation or joined the Fb Fistula Support Group (Colorectal). If not these might be of use to you. 

Hope you are better soon.

• Posted

Hi no I haven't. Thank you. Are they within this website. Fb fistula support group...

• Posted

You can google the P.A.O. and the other group is on Facebook if you would like to join. Welcome. 
    • Posted

I too think I may have hard scar tissue which I have been praying is not the fistula. I am still praying my problem dries up and goes away!!

I am so sorry to hear you are having what flare ups 3 times per month? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.