Hard lump between second highest pair of abs when I flex, what is it? do I treat it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So whenever I flex my core hard, a hard lump appears in between my second highest pair of abs (fills in the gap between them). It hurts when I push on it, especially on its center. I think (not 100%) that it originates from one time I felt a tear-like pain in that area whilst doing a core exercise and had to wait over a month before I could do similar exercises again (this was a little over a year ago). This lump has been present for a while, I forgot about it for a while, and so I can't quite remember if it's from this incident; but it's the only thing I can link it to. I'm concerned; I have no idea what it is, if I should or can treat it, etc.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be a tiny tear or rupture which has now formed scar tissue and this is the lump you can feel.  You can try massaging it with some oil on your fingers,but if it is very big ,have a word with your doctor for reassurance 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.