Hard lump under top incision

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem, I keep getting a shooting pain from my top incision and have noticed a pea size hard lump underneath I have read that it can be scar tissue but just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if I should see my doc or not? It's nearly three months since my op.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a pea size lump under my top scar, it's only been 3weeks since my op but I don't have any pain, I was wondering too if this was normal? X

• Posted

I think it is normal all of mines are raised atm and I'm 3 and a bit weeks post op, but have noticed an unusual lump under my belly button insicion under the skin and sore to press on :-/ do uz have that at all?

• Posted

Yes I also have one under the belly button incision, I wouldn't be worried but I'm getting shooting pains in them both as well and they're still so sensitive to touch it's been three months since my op

• Posted

Ultra sound, CT or MRI ordered by your dr can identify the mass you are feeling . Could be build up of collagen causing scar tissue.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

I am almost 8 weeks post op and i have somethin of a lump about 4 inches long by 1 inch just under and around my incision. Hoping it is just scar tissue.

Will be getting it looked at soon.

• Posted

I was googling the same problem today hoping it's not a hernia! It's been 2 weeks since my operation it was done on Oct 18th and today is the 31st Halloween. I feel a lump under the top Incision as well it's where the gallbladder was pulled out from I'm hoping that its just because it's healing I'm a little worried because the doctor said no lifting anything over 10 pounds but I have a 4 month old and I have to pick her up sometimes even with her in the car seat. I really hope it's not a hernia because that's what the doctor said would happen. I also feel like a little Stabbing pain I also think maybe I heard it with My bra because of the wire has on the bottom so I try not to wear wired bra for now until I heal a little better. Please keep me updated if you find out anything about that pain thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.