Hard skin end of finger and under nail

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Since my son was young (around 1) he has had hard skin growing on the end of one of his fingers and partially under his nail. We've taken him to the doctors in the past however they just said there wasn't anything they would do and gave no diagnosis.

Could anybody help identify what may be the cause. He is now 5 years old and I'm concerned that over the past few months the growth appears to be spreading slightly.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

It looks like a cluster of warts. I think you should take him back to the doctor. At 5years old they may be more keen to treat him. Dont try any "over the counter" treatments on him. He is too young for them. you need a doctors advice.

• Posted

Thanks. I've booked an appointment for later in the week for them to have a look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.