hard times

Posted , 5 users are following.

so lately iv been puttin a happy face on ... dont get me wrong my life is good its just trying to tell my mind to realise that ... pains aches illnesses ... what can you do aye? 

i guess i just want the people close to me to understand what its like to be me .. i councled my first meeting ino ino stupid move but i was just so scared being in a room with a stranger thats going to hold everything i say against me ... all the bad thoughts coming out and everything turning to poop ... im scared to do it alone but i have no other option my family live miles away and my husband has work ... 

anyone up for a chat ? cheer me up :D 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah....I'm so sorry you're struggling....this is such a difficult thing to go through, isn't it? My anxiety is absolutely through the roof the last two days....I'm back to being convinced that something truly horrifying is wrong with me (it's meningitis this time around). The only advice I can offer is to try and relax (easier said than done, I know!).....and know that you're not alone. Sending positive thoughts your way....try to not fret. Xx
  • Posted

Aw bless ya... What was the meeting for? Was it for CBT? If so you will find it very helpful if you can get over your initial nerves... No one will judge you or hold stuff against you. They are there to help, and assuming it's a good therapist, brilliant at their job... It will get better x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I am particularly bad today very lightheaded convinced that I have a something seriously wrong with me am off for a headscan on tuesday so perhaps hopefully they find nothing and I can put my mind at rest and deal with this anxiety i'm so anxious as I am constantly lightheaded, woozy 24 hours a day and have been for the last 7 months now first diagnosed with labyrinthitis then depression and now anxiety finding it really hard my family I don't think undersand it is hard on them too just had another little cry before the kids get home from school feeling very low today doe's anyone else know anythihng else about this health anxiety and how to deal with it I just was it all to go away!

• Posted

Hi Paulette have you had the scan?  If so, did it show anything?  Isn't anxiety the worst?  So difficult to deal with.  Hours of feeling jittery and not in control.  I had depression for over 20 years, and when doctor got me off anti depressants the anxiety came back, but I am scared to go back on medication and trying to cope as best I can.  I had labyrinthitis once too, and I have positional vertigo now.  I live alone and I find it difficult to cope.  I take herbal tablets, but don't think they are helping much, but I keep hoping.  Are you on medication?    Oh yes we just wish the anxiety would go away.

I have read books, looked on line, tried all the things suggested, but nothing helps.

Let us know how you are.

• Posted

I am here for a chat Sarah.  I know exactly how you feel, but let me reassure you about counselling.  A counsellor is well trained and everything is confidential and they are trying to help you.  I know it is difficult, because I found it hard to talk to a stranger too.  You don't need more stress.  Let us try and cheer each other up.  I had a terrible night with panics and anxiety and difficult to cope today.  I try to look at positive things.  Anxiety so difficult to cope with.  What do you want to talk about?  

Are you in the UK or USA?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.