Hard to breathe sitting up but gets normal lying down

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, so my problem is I have shortness of breath/feel like tight and feel like I dont get enough air when breathing while I sit up but lying down it's good. Now I´m going to my GP on monday. But wanted your opinions if you´ve ever experienced similar things. Because when I google it I find about platypnea which gives a couple of causes and all causes I find the life expectency is a couple of years and it talks about liver transplant and stuff. I´m getting really scared and I´m worried there's only bad causes of this...

I'd appreciate some insight.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Being scared stiff is what comes from Googling symptoms NEVER a good idea.

• Posted

Normally people have the worst time breathing when they lay down. When do you notice the shortness of breath happening?

• Posted

It's random tbh. I can go days/weeks/month for it not to happened and then I get it and it can last for days/weeks. It´s weird. Maybe anxiety causes it and i'm just not as anxious when im in bed? idk.

• Posted

wondering if you got any answers? i have been having the same problem for 3 weeks now. no symptoms but shortness of breath that gets better laying down. im only 33 with no other health issues that i know of.

• Posted

hi, im experiencing the exact thing you've experienced as a 31-year-old, otherwise healthy man. i noticed mine after playing basketball and lying down is the closest i get to relief. its been about 2 months of this. did you ever figure it out?

• Posted

hi I get this every year from June to Sep I only noticed from my google activety when been searching about this. tried antibotics 4 weeks worth. 3 inhalers .hay fever tabs. lemon honey. now trying pineapple juice with ginger and pepper to see if it's mucus. my symtoms are chest feeling Like a tickle breast bone area. bottom of throat. urge to cough. no problem walking. I'm thinking it's chest muscles pushing against lungs. but if anyone finds out what it is let me no

• Posted

Hi I hope you doing fine 😃 I am having the same problem.Have you figured out what was causing it?

• Posted

seconded—hope all is better. im experiencing the exact thing you've experienced as a 31-year-old, otherwise healthy man. i noticed mine after playing basketball and lying down is the closest i get to relief. its been about 2 months of this. did you ever figure it out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.