hard to explain breathing problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

im 22 so to a doctor i am very healthly !

but im not i have anxiety but this breathing problem causes it.

my body started doing weird things like my breathing pattern had changed i started to get what i described as breathing hiccups!

basically its hard to describe and for anybody that has not had it i can imagine to think im  on about something completly diffrent but i will give it a try and pray somebody may recongise my problem smile

i will be breathing normal then all a sudden i would take a sharp involatary breathe which was not painful but came with a horrible sensation ..random times i would also have what felt like a internal thump like something moved in my upper throat or chest and sometimes a kind of pulsation sensation up my throat near my nose somewhere i would completly lose my breathe with this like it felt i drew breathe in but my body automatically holded it and i could not breathe out or something .

it feels sometimes mydiagram/ chest locks up again no pain at all just unpleasent feeling of cant breathe until it unlocks again .

i had a lung xray looking for clot in feb 2014 which was clear because i was suffering shortness of breathe after a mc so they had to check for that then i had a heart sonigram in oct 2014 for other reasons that was good so my doctors have checked me with there telescope thing my back and front of chest and said all sounds clear this breathing thing started in my sleep in 2013 and started getting worse in 2014 during the nights where one night i woke up to not been able to breathe at all .

this breathing sensation lasts like seconds litrally sometimes a minute if its the pulsating feeling at like what i can only explain the opening to my nose .

when i have a panic attack it feels diffrent it feels like im breathing bubbles and it lasts for how ever long the panic attack lasts so it is not mini panic attacks either sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephx, your breathing problem certainly sounds like a panic attack but I can understand why you're concerned. It's good all your results have come back positive, so hope you can take heart from that. I'm sorry I'm not much help to you, hopefully some will be able to give you better advice. Xxxx

• Posted

hey thanks for your reply ,

it does sound like a panic attack i just dont see how it is though it lasts like one second and about 20+ times a day it started happening after a stressfull event when i went into tachycardi i then started to belive i was dieing then every day since its been happening just feel exhausted with worry over it and still makes me feel better that somebody has replied just frustrating not many ...not any at all really understand even the doctors look at me like i have never heard of it haha xxx

• Posted

I think fear has a lot to do with it, when it happens it's horrible and you think you will die. My granddaughter age 18 has recently had her first panic attack. It really had a bad effect on her and she worries it will happen again. It's not nice when you are trying to explain to doctors and you feel they can't help. Have you tried breathing excercises when this happens ? 

• Posted

yes i started doing a breathing exercise it does not really help because it only lasts a second my panic attacks have got less and less and this breathing thing used to send me into one but then they just vanished it will come on so randomly it does not matter where i are what im doing i waited 6 hours in a &e  with it the doctors did a ecg but did not catch it and i was having them all the time in hospital too which they said because of my notes its anxiety but it was really hard to explain to them and like they just wanted me out of there only been one doctor really concerned about me and another doctor told him its anxiety and he was silly to put me down as a emergany referal sad its horrible i hope your grandaughter can get over it its horrible when you have your first one because its never eneding worry when you have your next one xxx
  • Posted

I can only say I hope you find some one or something that can help you. It must be very stress full not knowing which dosent help your condition. Thanks for your wishes for my granddaughte. If you do find any thing that helps you it would be good to know. Best wishes to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.