Hard to focus after retinal tear surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I had a retinal tear laser surgery two weeks ago in my right eye and ever since i have been having hard time focusing on close object (i.e reading books). This gets much worse when I have my prescription glasses on. Even though this seems to be getting better (or maybe am getting used it?), I was hoping if someone who faced the same problem would advise if this condition did go away? Its really been annoying and am getting a bit nervous.

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

the blurriness will almost certainly improve but note two things.

first is that the procedure will cause you dry eyes for up to a year (or maybe permanently) so use a preservative free lubricating drop as often as you want and that will help with focusing.

secondly your prescription may have changed even though you didn't notice it before as a surgery will make you more aware - so book an eye exam asap to check your prescription - i thought the procedure caused distance issues in my case when in fact my prescription had changed since my last check up two years prior.

good luck and be happy there are no flashing issues like i have

• Posted

Hi,

Just wanted to ask you, what syntomes did you have for the retinal tear? I have tiny sparkles and fizzy bubbles lights in the corner of my eyes, and floaters. I went to 4 doctors and everything is fine, just wondering what where your syntomes and after the syntomes how long did it take to get the retinal tear?

Many thanks,

Suzana

• Posted

Hello Suzana,

In my case, I did not really know I had it until I did a full eye checkup. I was not really aware of the symptoms because I probably got used to them by the time I found out. Try creating a new discussion it might help with finding someone with similar conditions.

• Posted

unfortunately i got the sparkles / bubbles you speak of after my retinal tear procedure and it hasn't gone away in a year.

i personally wish i would of never had the procedure but theres no undoing the damage the lazer did.

i did a youtube video - search for "retinal laser complications"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.