hardly a loss at first weigh in!

Posted , 4 users are following.

im feeling really deflated i weighed 81kg when i started taking the pills and at first weigh in i was 80.25kg! i did have a week when i was not very well so stopped taking them for a few days, now 2 weeks away from my second weigh in im really down as everyone seems to be having great weight loses.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey

thing is tho....everyone is different. some people lose weight faster. the fact remains that you HAVE lost some weight. you didnt put any on!! youve done good!!

if you read through the different messages on this forum you will see that theres a few folk out there who have had the same type of experience as you. hardly losing any then having a really excellent month or the other way about.

i think if you can face it you should stick with it and see how things go. itd be a shame to give up now after trying so hard already.

Pen x

• Posted

Hi Bec

Don't get deflated, I have hardly lost anything either. My scales said I had lost 4.5 pounds on my first weigh in, but my docs said only 2 pounds, and I have to officially go by hers. I am due another weigh in on Tuesday, and I am not expecting any diffeent results this time round.

My doc is weighing me every 3 weeks as I have suffered wtih bulimia in the past, and I am finding it more of a hinderance then a help being weighed that often. If I lose too much too soon, she will take me off the tabs, in case I am not being responsible, but losing weight soo slowly is killing my determination. This website has really helped me keep going when all I wanted to do was throw in the towel as it just all seemed too hard to do. The expectation and results are nowhere near the same for me. I would love to lose a stone as some have, but its just not happening like that for me.

At one point I was ready to give in, but then I had a chat with myself about this wonderful opportunity I have been given, and I realised I was lucky to be offered this treatment. So now I keep going, more determind than ever to lose some weight each time I go for a weigh in. Ok, a pound or two dosn't seem much compared to what you read from others, but it is likely to stay off if you lose slowly - plus you won't get baggy skin!!!

you keep going girl. One pound here and there adds up and before you know it, you'll be notching up half a stone and then a stone etc etc.

Stay strong

Trish x

• Posted

thanks girls, just people talking to me really helps. i know im not the only one who feels the way i do about myself. my docs worried about me becoming depressed so im trying hard not to be, this helps. how do i get the extra help havent been told how to register with map is it? thanks x
  • Posted

Hi Bec

To register with MAP - who are the support group in charge of the tablets, you just need to telephone them. If I remember rightly, I found their phone number when I serched online for roche map. Just telephone them and say you have been given the tablets by your doc and want to register. Have your tablet box with you as they will ask for the batch number off the box. They then take a few details from you and then give you regular telephone calls to support and hep you and answer any questions you may have. you can contact them any time in between their calls to you. They will send you a welcome pack and I have also read they send you a pedometer a couple of months in, but I haven't got that far yet. You also get regular newsletters from them too.

I have to say I have also found this website a real lifesaver and confidence booster. Its like all your best friends are here, supporting you and sending love and best wishes. you couldn't ask for more really. The excellent thing is we are all in the same boat, we all have the same hang ups and negative thoughts about ourself, sowe all understand exactly how each other feel.

Good luck with Map!

Trish x

• Posted

Hi Bec,

The number for MAP is 08007317138. They are very supportive and can answer questions that people on here can't. I registered with them in Sept but not had the pedometer yet, so not sure whether that comes or not - but the books they send are very useful.

Good luck.

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.