Hardware Removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having my hardware removed in 3 weeks 1 plate & 9 screw. Bad break tib/ fib with dislocation. I'm overall doing pretty good but still having pain. Stinging , pain & still very stiff. Hoping some of this will go away with the removal.

Can someone please tell me about there recoverv after removal. As its getting closer I'm starting to have 3 nd thoughts.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I hate to tell you, but you will be having pain & stiffness for a long time. I've been 2 years from my plates & screws removed and I still have pain & stiffness still.

But hang in there! I'm just glad

I can walk again. I have my good days & bad days! My prays are with you.

• Posted

I need help and please let me know. I am still hurting and swollen after 2yrs. Fractured tibia and fibula. im very swollen but the bone is healed.

• Posted

Hello Yep me too. It's been 2 years since my plates & screws removed and I still have pain. No swelling. Just some days stiffness and pain. Rub it as much as you can. I don't take pain pills anymore. I have a nerve pill that's helps. But I don't take them, because II don't want to be on pills! And I just pray to heal more! Bless you and thank you!

• Posted

Do nerve pain cause swelling? Docs say my bones are healed...y so much swelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.