Harm OCD Getting The Best of Me :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know this is going to sound pathetic, but I keep wanting to watch shows I've always enjoyed (fantasy, mythology, crime, etc...), but anytime I watch these shows, I get anxious. And there are moments, where my anxiety will seem to quiet down and I can enjoy them. That feels so amazing. But, my Harm OCD ends up kicking in, so I start seeing things around me as harmful towards my family, and keep thinking thought like, "What if I do this?" It's driving me crazy... I know I would never do anything to harm my family, but I keep thinking about things like, "What if I am capable of harming my family?" It gets so bad late at night. :'(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes Kayla thats yet another quirck anxiety symptom.

Our minds go into overdrive.

I never have any thoughts of harming anyone but I do have vivid dreams

Stick to animation and comedy

Stay Strongcry

• Posted

I have vivid dreams, as well. Nightmares, nearly every time I fall asleep now. sad
  • Posted

Kayla you aren't alone. I have the same thing and was recently trying to explain this to my mother a few weeks ago. I enjoy watching horror movies, paranormal shows and crime/murder shows. I find them interesting. And as of late these horrible thoughts come in my mind BUT I would never do anything like that...I love my family. I don't know what is going on in my head sometimes...my anxiety, ocd and panic are terrible at the moment so maybe that? I'm not sure. I'm supposed to start am AD but hesitant.
    • Posted

It's terrifyin, really... I love those kinds of shows & movies, but lately, I can't watch them for too long. I miss feeling ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.