Has Anxiety effected your relationship/love life/sex life?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was single at the time my anxiety creeped in. But before i was always out and about meeting new people dating and having fun. Then when my anxiety creeped in i started to slowly but surely become more and more reclusive to the point of being housebound.  I went from being a total extrovert, to an introvert. My sex drive remained unchanged and has always been high, but the anxiety kept me from dating or having any kind of sex life/love life for a time. I have my ways now, but i look forward to getting better and getting back on the dating scene again. smile

How about you? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

My anxiety didn't stop me from dating, but it didn't exactly make my relationships good either. It's hard to have a fulfilling relationship when you're anxious and messed up most of the time and pretty much the only place you feel safe is home.

Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy life to the fullest!

• Posted

puff same here.when my anxiety came back I was in first step of a relationship .it made me more nervous n I liked to be alone when I feel anxiety n u know any new relationship needs care n spending time but I couldnt manage it.it was first time that anxeity influencd on my love life...
    • Posted

Sucks huh! Because of my anxiety and being housebound, the only option i had was to regain some kind of a sex life back. Took me a while but i at least got some form of a sex life back. It will have to do until i defeat my anxiety and can get back out there again. smile

Good luck to you. 

• Posted

yea.instead of going out n leaving my comfort zone I do cyber date these days!tnx u too.hope all of us get back our normal life and enjoy again like past.:-)
    • Posted

Cyber dating? You mean cam girls? I've used a couple of them in the past. You can get cam girls and phone sex from Xpanded TV, one of them Babestation channels. lol Get yourself on the Ann Summers website as well, they do amazing toys these days lol. razz

Cheers! 

• Posted

Think the person meant, dating websites lol. Ann summers is good though lol
    • Posted

Ooops! lollol

Too right it is, bought myself a few bits an pieces from there and Love Honey.cool

• Posted

yup,dating websites.n chating with new ppl instead meeting them in real life.coz of that I addicted to chatting!:-D
  • Posted

My episodes of anxiety always affect my marriage, my wife finds it stressful at times but on the whole is supportive, she obviously wants the other "me" back.

• Posted

Good that you have a partner who is so supportive. You are lucky to have that.  Hope you get the old you back soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.