Has any got / had bad HS Facial cysts?

Posted , 5 users are following.

the past few years of suffered terrible breakouts on my face, some becoming golf ball sized cysts which are filled with puss which iv had to have lanced and asperated several times. it started with just the odd huge cyst on my jaw however 2years later and I have numerous cysts and swollen skin covering both sides of my face and ears which constantly seep and are getting worse 😭 has anyone else had HS here I feel I'm alone with this at the moment

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty

I had them on my face a few years ago. I had them removed. I took some advise from someone on here to eliminate night shade vegetable from my diet. These are tomatoes peppers chillies white potato and egg plant. I haven't touched these for the last 2 years and I haven't had an HS flair up since. I have followed a high protein low carb diet and not only am 4 stone lighter I feel a lot healthier too. I had suffered from the age of 16 and was didiagnosed with HS at the age of 42. I have had large abscess removed from both arm pits, both sides of my groin several from my legs and my chest. I have lost count how many times I've been under the knife. Give eliminating nightshade Veg ago beleive me it works. All the best Karen x

• Posted

i only ever had one very bad facial boil in my life and it was on the very tip of my nose right before i started high school. it was like gumball sized and purple for weeks! it hurt and was embarrassing ! i did however know a boy in high school who got them all over his face! so please know you are not alone!! i can only imagine how hard reoccurring ones must be for you!! im so sorry this is something you have to continue to go through!

• Posted

I'm 40 years old and I've had HS for years and two years ago I developed a puss-filled cyst on my face. Each time I drained it it would come right back. I had to have it surgically removed. I now have a big scar on my face. I didn't know the facial cyst was related to my HS.

• Posted

HI Kirsty,

I started getting boils carbuncles and cysts all over my face, jawline, and chin about 5 months ago.. After much confusion, I was diagnosed with HS, and continue to have almost constant flare ups. It is so painful, and embarrassing to have to explain to people what is going on. I'm still trying to figure out my triggers, but I know sugar is a factor for me. Also avoiding yeast, dairy, gluten, and all artificial sweeteners, refined flours, and processed meats has helped. You are not the only one dealing with this, and its nice to know I'm not alone either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.