Has any of you tried cryotherapy for back pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have tried absolutely for my back pain. My first surgeon made a mess of my back on a simple laminectomy L3-L4. A couple months later I had a fusion from a different neurosurgeon, I still had pain but it helped a little. A year later I ruptured another disk L4-L5 and had another fusion. I have continued to have pain and do very little around the house or out of the house.

I have tried shots and every type of procedure that could help. In May of this year I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator inserted but I am still in a lot of pain. I read about cryotherapy as a treatment, has anyone tried it for your pain?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry but I have not heard of cryotherapy or had it done. 
    • Posted

I wish you good luck. I have had 4 spinal fusions done and do suffer with back pain. I don’t think it will ever go away, but I wish you the best. 
  • Posted

Hi Dianneg,

Over the years I too have tried everything for my back pain from injections to physio. I have had 2 operations the last one was done last November. My Consultant has spoken about a Spinal Cord Stimulator but after reading so much on here about them I don’t think I will be going down that route!

What is Cryotherapy, I have never heard of this.

Linda

• Posted

Dianneg

I have been doing cryo for 8 weeks now From the first visit There was a difference in my pain level

I knew I was feeling much better but it was not until other people begin to ask me What have you done you are walking erect and muck quicker than I've seen in year. Several people who also suffer chronic pain who have witnessed the physical change in me are now seeking to try cryo as well.

For me the results have been life changing.

• Posted

Hi Cindy,

Its great to hear someone talking about feeling great about a therapy. I’m at a loss, what is Cryotherapy?

Hope you keep on doing so well.

Linda 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.