Has any one beat or cured their fibromyalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am not yet officially. I have mild symptoms. Like I get pain 5- 12 days a month. Across hands, legs, upper back..it all started after mental trauma. I am looking for some hope here. I am 30 yr old Asian woman. In my country there are no doctors who understand fibromyalgia. I dream of having a family. But with current symptoms I am wary of my future. I work full time, able to cope till now. I dont know what my future holds..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't beaten/cured it but I improved mine tremendously over the years. I kept getting worse and worse until I thought I wasn't going to be able to work anymore, severe pain, fatigue, brain fog, etc.

I've never been a quitter when it comes to my health, especially now that we have the Internet to look so many things up. So I started looking into anything and everything I could about fibromyalgia, but especially remedies that others found to help. And started trying some of them. Some worked, some didn't, but slowly over time, things did get better. One thing I learned is to give something several months or longer to see if it helped. And what I also learned that some things helped a little bit, no huge improvement but some of those little things slowly added up over time as well.

So here are some of the things that have worked for me. They may or may not work for you, and there were other remedies I tried that didn't. It's trial and error:

• chiropractic care, especially atlas orthogonality and adjustments to psoas muscles and hiatal hernia (when those are bad, my fibro is bad). You can find videos online to adjusts those with exercises and tools too
    • massage - as frequently as you can afford it
    • vitamins such as CoQ10, Vitamin B, D, magnesium (helped the most with muscle twiching) turmeric, probiotics, fish oil, melatonin, milk thistle, feverfew, but I take others such as ashagwanda (for adrenal issues), selenium (for thyroid), Vit C, and a few others)
    • Essential oils - lavendar, wintergreen, lemongrass and others as aromatherpay or mix with a carrier oil and apply topically.
    • Acupuncture and reiki/Marma energy healing
    • Yoga, gentle walking, weight lifting - exercise is essentail, especially for keeping muscles in shape and for flexibility
    • swimming/water therapy/hot tub/Epsom salt bath
    • Meditation
    • Good sleep habits - have a good sleep routine, avoid electronics right before bed, make sure bedroom is comfortable, quiet and dark, go to bed on the same schedule. Rest up when you need to
    • Healthy eating, organic, non processed foods, eliminate sugar and too many starches, get healthy veggies, proteins and fats. Keep a food journal to track for food sensitivities or those that make your fibro worse.. And lots of water! A low carb diet has worked best for me and helped me lose weight too.
    • Get other conditions dealt with that could make your fibro worse. Ex. I have arthritis so I do my best to take care of that, same with thyroid
    • When you're in a flare, rest as much as possible and up the above remedies. Epsom salt baths seem to help me alot with flares.
    • Journaling daily. It helps you to see patterns later on or things that may have caused a flare
    • Work on improving gut health through probiotics, cleanses, healthy eating, or local remedies
    • Be careful about what other medications you take, including vaccines as those can set off flares and make us worse. Work with your doctor to find the best things to take, as natural as possible. (ex. use turmeric instead of anti-inflammatory prescriptions)

I'm older than you now but started these things when I was around your age and they did really help and didn't require a doctor. I have a doctor who also treats my arthritis but we do not have any prescriptions/treatments for the fibro (or the arthritis either honestly) as the above items are working. A few times I've had a serious enough flare and she gives me a shot of Toradol l that seems to kick me out of it.That's happened like 3 times in 15 years.

I am always still looking for more remedies/routines to help me improve or even stay even. My motto is to never stop looking and trying things. I have tried CBD oil and it helps some but is pretty pricey. I wish it was easier for us (in the US) to get medical marijuana as I've heard that can help too. I

I don't have all the answers nor pretend I do, but the biggest advice I can give you is to never give up, keep looking and trying things and find the things that help and keep doing them. When you stop is when you continue to worsen. I don't ever want to go back to the bedridden, exhausted, pain-wracked person I was for several years.

• Posted

Thank u lilliewil. You gave me hope

I will try few of the above. These I have found while surfing the web for managing fibro

• Posted

Hi I haven't found anything to help me I have lived with it the last ten years and I also have ME Arthritis and chronic lower back pain. Mine started after a traumatic experience and it was awful it took ages to get diagnosis and when i did i just felt alone. I had had my children early and when it came to thinking that i could start having a bit of a social life i started getting worse I've lost my job but my boss made things worse no support at all. I then lost my home and am now unable to do many things even shopping someone else has to do it for me and i can't walk far without pain i hardly ever get a decent sleep as im in pain. I wish i could give you more hope but as yours is mild just make sure you get support family friends work colleagues all need to be able to help you. Stress makes things worse so when you can relax im hoping that one day someone will find a cure or at least something to make symptoms better but until then i feel lost depressed and lonely as its only my children that keep me going but they are all grown up and i don't get to see them much these days. I really wish you well for the future .

• Posted

Hi linda,

I am sorry to hear this. You might not be able to completelu cure it. But can manage it. By what lillie proposed in this thread.

Hope is what gets us thruogh day by day..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.