Has anybody been diagnosed with SUNA

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was diagnosed and treated for TN for several years. I  was then seen by a different consultant and rediagnosed with a condition called SUNA.  Almost the same s TN but rarer.    Has anybody been diagnosed with it or have any information about it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

can you explain your symptoms and the difference in the two diagnosis?  What symptom made the difference in diagnosis?
  • Posted

Symptoms and pain as a patient feel the same as TN.   Pain is maybe more of a strike / stabbing and I am told that SUNA dose not have triggers well mine dose, sometimes it's foods, touch, liquid,  lots of things but there is no pattern to how the pain behaves or where it will strike. Mine is on my right.

• Posted

Dear angiegirl,

It's a long time a go since you posted this. But I would like to ask you something about the treatment of SUNA. I have recently been diagnosed with SUNA, after a year of visiting 3 different neurologist. I'm using now lamotrigine for almost 3 weeks, but it still doesn't work(I'm now using 50 mg a day, 25 in the morning and 25 in the evening). Have you ever used lamotrigine? Did it work? When did it start working?

• Posted

Hi, yes I use Lamotridgene and have for several years with Gabapentine and  Carbamazepine.

Over a 24 hours  I take. 500mg Lamotridgene,      2700mg Gabapentine,     150mg Carbamazepine.   It takes a little Imeto start to work. If at3 weeks it's not doing anything then go back.  You might need a higher dose or your med altering a bit. Don't leave it.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.