Posted , 6 users are following.

HI HAS ANYONE SUFFER WITH VERTIGO

I HAVE BEEN ON SO MANY DIFFERENT TABLETS

IS ANYONE ON

BETAHISTINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did try that when I had vertigo… It did help with the dizziness, but it gave me a stomachache… And it definitely did not help at all with balance related issues… I started taking ginger gravol, it had the same affect with no stomach aches

• Posted

Yes I am on it along with 2 mg twice a day of valium. I take 16 mg twice a day of beta that combo is the best.

• Posted

does it help? i dont have the dizzinessess as much anymore but I definitely experience issues with my balance… Does that help you with your balance, or do you just take it for the dizziness that comes with vertigo?

• Posted

is valium on prescription only ?

any side effects ? does it wirk instant ?

thanks

• Posted

Yes perscription only but if you google an ent balance center thats the only way i got on the right meds. Only other thing i do is a mouth guard i got at the drug store cause i have a little tmj / grinding teeth also. Went thru a lot to figure all that out i mean years and years but im finally good thank god!

• Posted

Hi Just read this

Temporal Mandibular Jaw syndrome TMJ. If you want to know more do a search on Dr Harold Gelb of New York. He has written a number of academic papers on the condition (online search should get you access)is currently adjunct Professor at Tufts University, and is considered to be a leading expert on the condition.

I was treated by him at the Gelb center in the late 80's, for TMJ, after suffering for 6 months of severe vertigo and balance loss ,and the results for me were extremely beneficial. I have had the odd relapse over the past 30 years but with treatment have kept the condition under control. The Gelb center is currently headed by his son.

Like all problems this may or may not work for you depending on the root cause of your condition. Good luck!

• Posted

i was for a month as i had bppv for 3 weeks Along with these i found some exercises online to try and get the calcium crystals to move.

• Posted

i was for a month as i had bppv for 3 weeks Along with these i found some exercises online to try and get the calcium crystals to move.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.