Has anybody been on Sertraline

Posted , 10 users are following.

I Have only been taking these a few dsys 1/2 tablet a day. has anybody else. i dont seem to be coping very well. today i have been feeling very sick i know they wont help my hot flushes but when it happens my anxiety kicks in and i start to get dizzy not good when i am at work. wondered if anybody has any advice please

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Just started yesterday...Not sure how I feel. I get waves of sickness and the hot flashes and then I freeze then my anxity kicks up..This will never end will it

• Posted

good luck i hope you feel better soon with taking them

• Posted

i was on prozac only 2 weeks made my anxiety worse then got prescription for sertraline but scared to try it . let me know how you go on .... i dont want to feel hyper just happy and i think these ad's make you hyper. as the plan is to get you moving and that will cure the depression

• Posted

i have been taking them for a week now still trying to work out on whens best to take them at the moment when i get home after work. good luck

• Posted

Has anyone experienced the chills on it..They come and then the hot flashes

• Posted

Hi Julie. I've been on it before for almost 7 years. I'm not sure if your doctor told you that it takes about a few weeks before you feel the effect of sertraline. For some maybe sooner. When I started taking it, I took a low dose of lorazepam as well until the sertraline kicks in. This medication helped me a lot to get through those dark days in my life. What I did though is not just to rely on the medication. I changed some things. I pushed myself to exercise daily, eat healthy, drink lots of water, learn to meditate, and most of all, I renewed and revamped my spiritual life. I'd say based on my experience, anti-depressants help you get back on your feet until that day comes that you feel you have gotten better and strong not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well that you're ready to wean off of the medication. Wishing you all the best. Take care.

• Posted

yes take it just before bedtime and the sickness will go. x

• Posted

Hi Julie

i have been on sertraline for over a year and call it my happy pills. I HAVE had my dosage altered a few times but give it time.

• Posted

hi Julie, how are you getting on? im due to start sertraline tomorrow, switching from prozac which stopped working a while ago, and in sooooo scared!! i know i will get some side effects as i always do with ssris, so lets stay in touch and get through this, as when they start to work its life changing x

• Posted

hi wishing you all the luck hope they work for you still early days for me as i have been on them for a week

• Posted

i nearly stopped taking mine after a couple of days as i had a funny turn at work and felt sick all day. i now take my tablet when i get home about 6.30pm so if i do feel bad i am at home been told to persue it as it does take a couple of weeks to kick in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.