Has anybody experienced these symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

about two weeks ago on a friday night 2 am which is really saturday i started to get really bad upset stomache the kind you get when you have a bug only this was non stop pain.. along with bad gas & i was burping egg taste.. i have never experienced this before!!! that morning around 11 the pain finallyyyyy went away... i was able to sleep.. next few days was ok.. a cramp here and there but not too bad... since then ive had mild diarrhea but only when i do go which hasnt been too much.. then last night (its been two weeks since the last one) the pain came back .. all night i was up tossing amd turning with upset stomach.. & the egg tasting burps... someone thought i had gastroenteritis but its been two weeks .. in between those two weeks i was ok... my tummy feels sore & i didnt go to dr because i thought this would pass... i do have an appt monday but until then im a big mess... has anybody else expericed this? im so scared i always think the worst... im on here alot because of my depression/anxiety plus health anxiety makes it harder to wait around with no answers ... i kno i need to ask dr but just wondering maybe if someone else has experienced this or maybe kno what it could be

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Something is making your bowel muscles go into spasms. It could be food poisoning, a bug, gastritis. or any number of bowel conditions, like IBS. When I had gastritis it took 3 months to settle, and when I had Diverticulitis, it was over a month. Your doctor will soon set your mind at rest.

• Posted

i ate some spicy wings and im thinking naybe thts what triggered it... because it had been two weeks ... my appt is tomrw but thank you... im hoping its an easy fix but when you have health anxiety is easy to think the worst

• Posted

Since this is Sunday, you don't have long to wait for your doctor's appointment. Try to stay as calm as possible so as not to irritate your stomach further. Only your doctor can tell you exactly what is wrong. It could be any number of things including gastritis or IBS which are both triggered by anxiety.

• Edited

I had similar symptoms to you and I had gastritis, a hiatus hernia and oesophagitis. It was helped by ppi tablets but the only ones that really worked were esomeprazole though. There are certain foods and drinks which can upset your stomach more than others. Try and avoid acidic foods and drinks like citrus fruits and juices, carbonated drinks, caffeine, sugar and pickles. Also alcohol and fatty foods can be a problem. Anything you can think that repeats on you, try and avoid it until your stomach is better. Then just limit it because it can make your symptoms come back.

• Edited

im here at the dr waiting to see her so hopefully i will find out soon... thank you im hoping its a simple fix cause its been stressful and tiring

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.