Has anybody going through perimenopause/ menopause that had PMDD got any advice please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I diagnosed myself with PMDD in 2006 after suffering for years and not knowing what the heck was going on with me and have been flying it ever since with fluoxotine.

But now I'm 52 and have hit a brick wall. Has anyone been through menopause that had PMDD that can give me advice please? I've had weird panic attacks and the breathing is so bad. That awful breathlessness that the rest of the herd just can't understand.

I've been exhausted from work which precipitated this "attack" but I really feel it's my transition that is the underlying issue.

I'm doing all the things that you're supposed to and taking Maca powder. Magnesium +but D3 . Zinc and menopause support. Eating well and am off work.

Anything else that helped anyone?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes hun, Vit B complex and valerian are also very helpful for sleep issues, depression and anxiety. Otherwise see your dr about what is happening. Maybe youve been on the fluoxitine for too long. I believe it is an SSRI and used long term these can cause side effect issues. Your dr will be the best person to advise you about this. I was on a similar drug for more than 10 years and got long term use issues so came off them. Took 2 years to get off, havent taken them for over 8 years now but still suffering the ill effects from them to this day! Hope this helps you. XXX
    • Posted

Thanks Tina.

I'm not sure what's going on to be honest and the GP doesn't seem to know anything. I'm not convinced that it's the SSRI as I take so little. Are through the menopause now ?

• Posted

Good grief, I wish I was! I reckon it began some 10+ years ago with the odd symptom here and there and because no one joined the dots I was diagnosed with allsorts of things. Final crash of hormones happened last December followed by horrific symptoms and too many to even count! On hrt now so things a bit better but not alot. My dr thinks either repeated bouts of diahorrea or my body not recognising synthetic hormones. Whilst BHRT is common in US it isnt in UK and I'll probably have to go to London clinic to get it but my dr will send me there if necessary. Changing me to patches first to see if any improvement. Then the BHRT route. For some lucky ones this process is easy but some of us get hit with a sledgehammer in the face! Hugs and love 2 u XXX

• Posted

Oh Tina

It makes my situation seem tame. I was overworked. Had multiple bereavement. Empty nest and marriage ended all in one year or so.

I'm exhausted. Just trying to figure out what's physiological and what's been thrust upon me.

Not going to jump to any conclusions as we are all very unique cases and hard to find a one solution fits all.

You take care and I hope you pull through. Be kind to yourself

😊

• Posted

You too hun. Your marriage ending and the bereavement you suffered are likely to have aggrivated your symptoms as stress makes us produce more downer hormones. You need endorphins which are good hormones and I think you know how we make them! I was bereaved last October, my mum passed away so I know how it feels believe me. Good job we all have eachother on here so we can be there for eachother. Look after yourself hun, here anytime for you. XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.