Has anybody got lupus

Posted , 3 users are following.

As well as having myalgic Encephalomyelitis, I have now got show grins syndrome ( not how it's spelt) and lupus. Has anybody else got these. I have been put on tablets called hydroxychloroquine.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that. May I ask how old you are and when you first got sick?
    • Posted

Hi Robin. I'm 50 years old. I was diagnosed as having myalgic Encephalomyelitis this year,but I think I've had it all my life,just not so bad. But now I've also been diagnosed with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. I didn't think you could get both together. But obviously you can.

• Posted

Also sorry to hear about your added pain. We have a brain inflammatory disease so it makes sense that we have serious inflammatory diseases. I have numerous ones. I have tried numerous medications, supplements, procedures and many surgeries. After 20 years I've learned alot how to deal with chronic health life changing issues. And at times to just be at peace about. That however has taken alot of Grace to accomplish. And never losing my sense of self and purpose. Even though at times I thought I was losing my mind. Hang in there stay strong in spirit sometimes that's all we can do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.